Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello There Fisker-Experts

I'm not yet owner of a Fisker, but looking into buying one.

Haven't found a lot of Information out there so I came here.

My choice came on the Fisker because of its great looks and that it is a plug-in Hybrid with acceptable reach (80k). But also its affordable second hand price.

Which also makes me wonder, how can such a car lose 50% of its price with 8k and the age of 1 year (@ least here in Switzerland)?

Is it expensive in maintanance, hard to find spare parts, undriveable in winter, not a daily driver, where's the problem?

Any help is warmly welcome, before I make a mistake :eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
@Gio, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of information on various threads about the experience of owning a Karma. I would suggest reading this thread and looking around for similar threads since this question gets asked very often. Also, I would suggest getting in touch with fellow Fisker owners in Switzerland, such as @rabbit. @blackcat and @Flux via Private Message (PM) to get more localized information.

Happy hunting for good Karma.

Hello There Fisker-Experts

I'm not yet owner of a Fisker, but looking into buying one.

Haven't found a lot of Information out there so I came here.

My choice came on the Fisker because of its great looks and that it is a plug-in Hybrid with acceptable reach (80k). But also its affordable second hand price.

Which also makes me wonder, how can such a car lose 50% of its price with 8k and the age of 1 year (@ least here in Switzerland)?

Is it expensive in maintanance, hard to find spare parts, undriveable in winter, not a daily driver, where's the problem?

Any help is warmly welcome, before I make a mistake :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fabulist

Thank you for the link. I've read that before I joined the community.
I would hope those things would have been taken care of with a year old car but of course I'll check them.
I was asking more in general (Is it expensive in maintenance, hard to find spare parts, undriveable in winter, not a daily driver).
I'll try to contact the Swiss owners and see what they have to say.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
@Gio: In general, the experience depends a great deal on the specific car and what known problems have already been fixed. For example, the RDM (Rear Drive Module) in my car was replaced shortly after I bought the car under warranty. Since then, I have had no major problems with the car. By contrast, a friend of mine who bought his car around the same time as I did, had no problems until his RDM decided to shred itself on the highway a couple of weeks ago. Same car, two very different experiences depending on its history.

The labor cost for the car is very similar to the labor cost for any other high-end car. I used to drive Jaguars and the labor cost is very similar. Karma-specific parts tend to be very expensive, and most problematically, hard to find since Fisker is still working its way through the bankruptcy process, but there are third-party sources for some of these parts and as time goes on, we hope, the availability of spare parts should improve as the new Fisker works its way through the BK process and gets access to vendors and suppliers.

The executive summary is this: If you get the right Karma with all the known issues already addressed, you will have a very good experience. But if you buy the wrong Karma, you will have a bad time. Appropriately for a car that is really a piece of rolling art, provenance is absolutely key to buying one and there are a lot of sources on this forum who have been very kind and generous to members and prospective buyers by running the records of cars and advising on what to look for and what to avoid.

Hope this helps,

and happy hunting.

Hi Fabulist

Thank you for the link. I've read that before I joined the community.
I would hope those things would have been taken care of with a year old car but of course I'll check them.
I was asking more in general (Is it expensive in maintenance, hard to find spare parts, undriveable in winter, not a daily driver).
I'll try to contact the Swiss owners and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the detailed answer, it was exactly what I was looking for :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts