185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you please if you have this problem on post your model and mileage?mine
2k miles Standard >>happen 1-2 trimes a day

is there a fix?:huh:

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
You mean the creaking? Mine creaks and squeaks a lot. I assumed it was either a normal part of an electric motor (the creaking - I think that was mentioned on another post) or just that I need some suspension lubing (the squeaks whenever I go over bumps at a very slow speed).

Mines an ES, almost 5K miles, creaking and squeaking since day 1 (which was just a few monts ago, so it may have been at Fisker OC for quite some time before it found a home with me)

·
Registered
913 Posts
You mean the creaking? Mine creaks and squeaks a lot. I assumed it was either a normal part of an electric motor (the creaking - I think that was mentioned on another post) or just that I need some suspension lubing (the squeaks whenever I go over bumps at a very slow speed).

Mines an ES, almost 5K miles, creaking and squeaking since day 1 (which was just a few monts ago, so it may have been at Fisker OC for quite some time before it found a home with me)
Electric motors can (and should) be basically silent.

Mine has a little dashboard creak which tends to show up best when going over a speed-(bump/hump) (a "sleeping policeman" as they call them in some ares). If the engine is running or the radio is on you can't hear it; it's only obvious because the car is so quiet otherwise.

Your suspension (if that's what it is) noise might be similar—the kind of thing many cars make all the time, but you can hear it in the Karma because there's no other noise to obscure it. :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
is there a fix?:huh:
RDM repairs have been discussed in multiple places on the forum. If it's the low-speed chatter that you're talking about, yes it's fixable. It requires the rear subframe to be dropped out of the vehicle, RDM removed, separated from the motors and loctited. It's a labor intensive procedure that takes 2-3 days. If you have the lower RDM Serial #, the old clip can be updated at the same time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It's sound like purrrrrr.. Yes on low speed specially when enter the garage
My garage higher than the street

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RDM repairs have been discussed in multiple places on the forum. If it's the low-speed chatter that you're talking about, yes it's fixable. It requires the rear subframe to be dropped out of the vehicle, RDM removed, separated from the motors and loctited. It's a labor intensive procedure that takes 2-3 days. If you have the lower RDM Serial #, the old clip can be updated at the same time.
The rdm new 4 digits
Replaced early this year
Sound like purrrrr on low speed
Still you think rdm?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd have to hear it to be sure, but yes I still think it's what I said it was. Later VIN cars make the noise as well. It has nothing to do with having an updated rdm.

·
Registered
546 Posts
FISCALI, are you referring to the electronic humming sound that you can hear up until about 35-40 MPH? I could see how someone might describe it as a purring noise though I describe it as sounding like electronic bees. It is most noticeable in a parking structure/garage. If so, it sounds like you are describing the pedestrian warning system that Fisker Automotive engineered into the car. It comes from speakers mounted in the front and the rear of the car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FISCALI, are you referring to the electronic humming sound that you can hear up until about 35-40 MPH? I could see how someone might describe it as a purring noise though I describe it as sounding like electronic bees. It is most noticeable in a parking structure/garage. If so, it sounds like you are describing the pedestrian warning system that Fisker Automotive engineered into the car. It comes from speakers mounted in the front and the rear of the car.
thank you for the reply
i know that sound you referring to the humming and iknow about the bat mobile sound speakers .. the sound im referring to it happen when:
1- slowing to stop gradually and slowly while your foot still on the break not sudden stop.
2-after stop taking off at slow speed less than 5mph ( no rattle or vibration just purrrr)

i took the car for long drive 600 mile this weekend montery>pebble beach>>pismo>>san Francisco
now the car has 2600 mile total drive for a week since i got it 1000 mile

the sound now still there but much better, i don't here it much as before
before every stop now every 2nd or 3rd stop..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd have to hear it to be sure, but yes I still think it's what I said it was. Later VIN cars make the noise as well. It has nothing to do with having an updated rdm.
next trip will be to la.. so you can hear it :D.. do you have the software to unlock the navigation? there is 3rd party backup camera wired to the smart mirror( nav/backup camera) can this be hooked to the main screen?

·
Registered
289 Posts
i think i know what sound you are talking about, i had it still the car was brand new (had 150 miles when it was delivered)
since you are nearby, we can meet up this week and make sure it's the same noise.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes, I have the ability to unlock the Navigation. I have no idea about wiring your camera into the center screen, I'd need to look into how the aftermarket camera is wired and see what can be done. For now, I'll just say it's 'possible'.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thank you for the reply
i know that sound you referring to the humming and iknow about the bat mobile sound speakers .. the sound im referring to it happen when:
1- slowing to stop gradually and slowly while your foot still on the break not sudden stop.
2-after stop taking off at slow speed less than 5mph ( no rattle or vibration just purrrr)
I'm following this thread with great interest. I have a similar chattering sound while creeping along very slowly. After reading previous threads I wasn't too worried, thinking it's just the normal sound having not had the RDM loctited.

Over the last week though the car has went into limp mode 3 times. I could replicate the problem after clearing the codes and simply reversing out of a parking stall. I'm thinking something more serious has happened. If I reset the codes and start in drive, things seem fine.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So how many more days are you just going to talk about it and guess? Just bring it down here already and let me hear it. You'll have an answer in minutes :)

·
Owner #1926
113 Posts
I think my issue might be similar - what I describe as the creaking anyway - also happens when just slowly crawling along and/or just barely letting off the brake.

The squeaking is definitely more than just the normal car squeaks. By more, I mean louder - not that I think its anything major. At least I hope not!

So when can you come, Lormax? Between the other Fisker owner and my issues, I think we can justify a trip if you are game?????

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Two potential noise producers I have identified:
1. I had a thumping sound by the windshield and identified the fix to be re-torquing the cross braces on top of the engine.
2. Sometimes the plastic piece inside the car right by the windshield will rattle. Push it down and it stops.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So how many more days are you just going to talk about it and guess? Just bring it down here already and let me hear it. You'll have an answer in minutes :)
i know..:)
i cant wait too... i just emailed you record the sound .
let me know...
i tried to post it here didnt work,,

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks i got your email .. so you think it is the paking crawl :(..loctiting the rdm only or the traction motors too? this big job..:huh:wil this damage the rdm traction motors if not loctite
2000 mile now.. its my daily drive how many more miles i can drive it :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that sound completely gone when stop on flat road.. it happen some times when i pull in to the garage (bit higher than the street) ..

does this mean will be gone .. the more you drive ?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts