Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to be clear, it's really just the morning CHOICE that got harder. Thanks to our friend here on FiskerBuzz (Dennis), I became interested in the McLaren 12C as a companion for my Karma. Finally jumped on a great used 2012 MP4-12C. Thanks Dennis, for putting me down that road!

Bonus: they both get serviced at the same dealership.

·
Registered
334 Posts
@ Dave_Car_Guy:

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Are you sure that isn't Jay Leno's Garage? :)
I suddenly feel a need to go sweep and mop my garage floor!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure that isn't Jay Leno's Garage?
Thanks, that would be high praise, indeed! But I'm pretty sure Leno wouldn't feature anything as mundane as a 1985 Kawasaki as a centerpiece in his garage!

An for the non-believers, I can safely still say that the Fisker Karma is one of the greatest cars I have ever owned and it gets more drive-time than anything else.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I would never be able to leave the house. Wow!

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Thanks, that would be high praise, indeed! But I'm pretty sure Leno wouldn't feature anything as mundane as a 1985 Kawasaki as a centerpiece in his garage!

An for the non-believers, I can safely still say that the Fisker Karma is one of the greatest cars I have ever owned and it gets more drive-time than anything else.

I love the fact that you own both a 10 MPG Fisker and a 100 MPG Fisker. Everything else probably fits in that range somewhere. :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love the fact that you own both a 10 MPG Fisker and a 100 MPG Fisker. Everything else probably fits in that range somewhere. :D
I still average 55 mpg then, right ? The Latigo is in the shop getting a new rear window (they were replacing the black window tint border and the window cracked) so my garage CAFE avg just went up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's getting crowded in your garage... Didn't you build it just about a year+ ago??? Thinking about moving?

I like the setup!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go Maverick!
Ha! Yup, ya got me, I loved that movie! Although technically Maverick's bike in Top Gun was a 900cc ZX900R Ninja, and mine is the 600. I had two of these in my early biking days back in 1985-1988. Since it is "throwback Thursday", here I am on my red, white, and blue one in 1987 doing my best Tom Cruise freeway impersonation (not my wife on the back, this was a year before we met).

The 1985 was my first new item purchased when I graduated from college and got a real job. Here it is in 1985, just before I totaled it by ramming it into the side of a Mustang at 40 mph (I escaped unscathed). Shown below today is the one I purchased last year to commemorate the olden days (I have since replaced the seat with an original red one. 30 year-old bike holding up better than I am! I promised my wife I wasn't ride it, just take it around teh block once in awhile ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts