Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going through the forum to see if this seemingly obvious question was already answered, but apparently not...

Can anyone explain how the green lights in the center console relate to driving activities? Is it documented anywhere? I see some causal lights when I select "D" or "R" on the pyramid, but I also see occasional illuminations as I drive along, minding my own business...

Also the PRND pyramid sometimes blinks for unknown reasons from time to time.

Any clues or is there a random light generator there?

Simon

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
I have been going through the forum to see if this seemingly obvious question was already answered, but apparently not...

Can anyone explain how the green lights in the center console relate to driving activities? Is it documented anywhere? I see some causal lights when I select "D" or "R" on the pyramid, but I also see occasional illuminations as I drive along, minding my own business...

Also the PRND pyramid sometimes blinks for unknown reasons from time to time.

Any clues or is there a random light generator there?

Simon
By green lights in the center console, you mean the push button gear selectors?

Do you have parade set? I set mine to 10. Settings, interior>parade

Blinks at you, never noticed any blinking, what color? Maybe it's parade?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
By green lights in the center console, you mean the push button gear selectors?

Do you have parade set? I set mine to 10. Settings, interior>parade

Blinks at you, never noticed any blinking, what color? Maybe it's parade?
Parade has nothing to do with the PRND flash.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's a hardware problem in the PRND switch. The old design PN index 000 sends erratic erroneous signals and causes the flickering. Replace the switch with PN index 001 and it's gone. Note 2 different color switches frost in cars with black, monsoon, glacier chic and dune. All others get the Bronze switch.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a hardware problem in the PRND switch. The old design PN index 000 sends erratic erroneous signals and causes the flickering. Replace the switch with PN index 001 and it's gone. Note 2 different color switches frost in cars with black, monsoon, glacier chic and dune. All others get the Bronze switch.
Thank you - well that explains that - something to bear in mind while my KA warranty is still valid, in case it gets worse.

Any idea why the green "gear shift" lights flash occasionally when simply driving along? Just art?

Maybe it is the flux capacitor that Fabulist mentions in the Disco thread (jk).

Simon

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Thank you - well that explains that - something to bear in mind while my KA warranty is still valid, in case it gets worse.

Any idea why the green "gear shift" lights flash occasionally when simply driving along? Just art?

Maybe it is the flux capacitor that Fabulist mentions in the Disco thread (jk).

Simon
Yes, the green flashes are the result of the switch issue above, just random false signals that trigger them from the DSU (drive selector unit) switch.

New switch=no more flashing buttons or green streaks while driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts