Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My flight from PHL landed very late last night, almost very early this morning, coming back from @FiskerPhilly's great event. The 12 hours of travel time over two days were absolutely worth it. I was fully prepared to accept the award for the longest travel to attend, but @Stefan had to show up from Dusseldorf, Germany and steal away my rightful title. :) Next year, I will fly to Singapore first, and then fly in to PHL to lock in my title. I am not even going to mention @PowerSource's long, meandering drive through the US in a car he was programming while he was driving. :huh:

Many Kudos to Joe Ferrante and his team for their excellent planning and execution of this event. Even the cold rain could not (pardon the pun) dampen the enthusiasm of this crowd, and when you walked into the large white building where the event was being held, the sight of so many gorgeous gleaming Karmas parked next to each other was enough to take away the breath of even the most seasoned Karma-thusiast.

The presence of the team from Karma Automotive, particularly @KARMANEWS provided a great opportunity to hear, and be heard by, the company.

The tall, folically-challenged gentleman in light blue shirt on the left of the photo above is none other than @KARMANEWS himself. The gentleman in the Blue jacket next to him is another Karma executive. We also got a visit from @karmaprof. The event was so impressive that KA used it as a backdrop to shoot some videos and to interview some of the owners. Here is Ms. Thomas, the new customer and dealer manager, getting ready to shoot a video interview.

(Minor Note: The Eclipse Eco Sport partially visible behind Ms. Thomas is no. 641 also known as Kara Thrace, which is mine)

Since the Karma is such a low-key wallflower, some of the owners have tried to make their cars a bit more noticeable:

(Click on the photo to see a video of the LED color changes)

Another great reason to attend this event was to see this Karma, which looks like any other Signature Edition Karma from the outside, but is in fact one of the test bed for
@PowerSource's experiments, and that could actually charge its HV battery with the ICE idling, among others.

Joe's planning was so thorough, his attention to detail so complete, that he even provided for those of us, including yours truly, who may not be as svelte as we would like to be:

finally, there were many examples of the Karma components that have become the bane of our collective existence, and their new and improved versions:

Traction Motor

RDM​

And while the rest of us were socializing, enjoying the great food and drinks and admiring each others' Karmas, Joe's staff were hard at work installing 520 and otherwise doing productive work:

Thanks, Joe for organizing and hosting this great event. it was definitely worth all the travelling to meet everyone who came and to talk Karma with other like-minded folks who never get tired of talking about this great car, and this re-emerging company.

Note: The photos on this post, and many others I took at the event can be found in this [URL="https://goo.gl/07OR3a"]Public Album. Please feel free to browse and enjoy them and download for personal use.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
I echo Fab's comments. It was great meeting all of the fine folks from Karma Automotive, Power Source, Joe and Fisker of Cherry Hill, and of course all of the other owners and enthusiasts. It was a first rate event and I'm very glad I was able to participate. I especially enjoyed the chance to meet so many whom I've 'known' online. It was also great to see so many cars in one place. At one point I counted and there were 24 in the room, but Karmas came and went so I'm sure there were even more all told! Joe, thank you for everything. I can't wait until next time.

Here's an album of my pictures. Feel free to copy them or use them as you'd like.
http://tinyurl.com/2015FiskerCherryHill

Brent (and Tammy)

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Were any wheel repairs done at the event? Apparently these wheels are difficult to fix (per Pat at Pat's Garage in SF...).
Yes, Joe had his 'wheel guys' there and they fixed up a lot of wheels good as new. I didn't have my car with me but I've had my wheels fixed from curb rash several times. I'm not sure what Pat's talking about - every time I've done it the process was relatively fast, inexpensive and the results are magic. You'd never know there was a problem. I'm certain there are a lot of good wheel repair options near you. I'd call the service department of a high end shop (think Rolls Royce or Lamborghini) and ask who they use.

Brent

·
Registered
913 Posts
The main issue with the wheels is probably the two-tone paint. It always took the Salt Lake wheel guys a while to get them painted properly (I had wheels de-curb-rashed two or three times there, have not done it again yet since moving to California).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Great post and great looking event. Wish I could be there, but thanks to FiskerPhilly for putting it together!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another interesting exhibit at the event was this example of a bespoke color that may be available for the 2016 or later models. This stunning iridescent color that changes as you view it from different angles. I can only imagine how stunning an entire Karma would look clad in this color.

Interesting factoid: The white car modeling the panel used to be Cee Lo Green's car and was purchased by Joe after it was involved in a collision.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Highlight of the show was that beautiful Laguna car. Back in 2012 I had the option of buying a Laguna or Deep Ocean (got the deep ocean black sand and really kicking myself) I have seen Henrik's Laguna-Black Sand but the Laguna Monsoon or Laguna Earth are probably the some of the best color combos (although I am very partial to Silver Mirage-Mojave Tri-Tone).

A lot of good feedback from owners on what features they truly valued.

There are rumblings of a California event later this year and we plan on having a vehicle present for this event that takes into consideration the feedback we received from this event.

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Highlight of the show was that beautiful Laguna car. Back in 2012 I had the option of buying a Laguna or Deep Ocean (got the deep ocean black sand and really kicking myself) I have seen Henrik's Laguna-Black Sand but the Laguna Monsoon or Laguna Earth are probably the some of the best color combos (although I am very partial to Silver Mirage-Mojave Tri-Tone).

A lot of good feedback from owners on what features they truly valued.

There are rumblings of a California event later this year and we plan on having a vehicle present for this event that takes into consideration the feedback we received from this event.
The was katie rose laguna - 1 of 4 with the color combo - special car for a special lady - she is also a speed deamon who can drive :)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The was katie rose laguna - 1 of 4 with the color combo - special car for a special lady - she is also a speed deamon who can drive :)
For those of you who have not seen a Laguna-colored Fisker in the flesh, so to speak, this is the car in question. The photo does not do it justice. In person, it is an absolutely stunning color.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks all for your pictures and recount of the event. Looks like it was a huge success and a great time to meet and talk Karma. I was not able to attend but do hope that the rumors of a West Coast event are true.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For those of you who have not seen a Laguna-colored Fisker in the flesh, so to speak, this is the car in question. The photo does not do it justice. In person, it is an absolutely stunning color.

Love my Laguna work horse! Thanks to @Nin_ja @KARMANEWS for talking me down about trading it in due to some road rash/well earned scars. It's a stunning color that's not obnoxious...

It really was great meeting all of you! We'll go even bigger next year!!!

KATiE

·
Registered
829 Posts
I noticed that in all the pictures I saw ... it appeared that nobody showed up with an Inferno. Was that true? The reason it's funny is that there are usually 3 identical ones (including mine) at nearly every month's Cars & Coffee her in Scottsdale. 145 of them made, and 3 of them are frequently in the same place (including once at my house).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
We did have an inferno, a local customer and original owner, a beauty with earth chic interior. Pretty sure every color was represented. I'm sure someone has a pic with it in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts