Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Harris (and another other Fisker employee who reads this, as Mr. Harris says so many of you do),

Fisker Automotive has until Saturday, January 14th, 2012, (a date chosen by me because that is the date my first payment on the auto loan I secured is due) to give me a reasonable explanation of two things:

(1) What is the current progress being made to deliver my car from Newark? That is NEW information from the reports I have received from the past two weeks, not just a reiteration of the same info.
(2) An explanation as to why my Signature Edition car is so far behind all the others in delivery. What delayed my car at Valmet or in the ordering process as there were no color options to choose to prevent a firm order from being placed.

If these issues are not satisfactorily addressed in the allotted time, I will be contacting these local television network affiliates to see if they wish to do a consumer advocacy story on me, a lowly four-time combat veteran, who doesn't seem to matter as much as former government big-wigs like Al Gore and Colin Powell. I have been thanked for my patience many times by Fisker employees, but my patience has finally run out. I am not asking for my car to be delivered tomorrow, I just want real answers, not corporate rhetoric.

WAAY- ABC
WAAF - NBC
WHNT - CBS
WZDX - FOX

Sincerely,
David T. Woodward
Deposit Holder of Fisker Karma Signature Edition #51

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you who may be interested,

I received a call from Fisker Automotive earlier this evening which answered my queries satisfactorily and relieved my ailment of frustration. Of the first matter, my car is ready for shipment and in a queue to board transport to Fisker of Huntsville. Of the second, it appears that there was a communication failure between Valmet and Fisker regarding sequential production of the automobiles particularly the Signature Editions, which may have been further exacerbated by the fact that my car may have failed a quality check along the way requiring rework prior to its shipment from the factory. Since I cannot independently determine the veracity of these statements, I must take Fisker at their word, which I shall. I thank Marti Eulberg, David Harris, Natalie Goudarzian, and the rest of the Fisker team that worked to discover these facts. I hope that we have uncovered a silver lining in a cloud that will precipitate a more seamless operation for future Fisker owners.

Sincerely,
David T. Woodward

·
Registered
781 Posts
kabalah70 said:
my car may have failed a quality check along the way requiring rework prior to its shipment from the factory.
Ah, ha! So there is quality control at Valmet. I guess the QC guy was on his lutefisk break when my car drove by, or the body panels on yours were actually dragging on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
kabalah70 said:
For those of you who may be interested,

I received a call from Fisker Automotive earlier this evening which answered my queries satisfactorily and relieved my ailment of frustration.
Glad to hear it. The responses seem plausible, and I'm glad they were (finally) able to provide with you with specific details.

Maybe it's my imagination, or wishful thinking, but Fisker seems to have a New Year's resolution of dramatically improving customer communication, and so far they've been taking it seriously. Unlike me, who has already broken my "stick to my workout regiment" resolution and it's only Jan 10 :s

Brent

·
Registered
216 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
Maybe it's my imagination, or wishful thinking, but Fisker seems to have a New Year's resolution of dramatically improving customer communication, and so far they've been taking it seriously. Unlike me, who has already broken my "stick to my workout regiment" resolution and it's only Jan 10 :s

Brent
I agree, I spoke to them today to get an updated status on my car... they answered all of my questions, and gave me a current update. I'm happy, I give them Five stars! FYI - They told me the latest software is 6.11, and version 6.12 is currently being tested but not yet available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts