Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received my Karma in Oman Yesterday. It has been shipped from Orange County, CA and I believe it is the first Karma in Oman. The car is stunning and attracts a lot of attention from motorists and pedestrians alike.

However, I have encountered a problem already. When I press P to park the car it will go to N, I tried many times but always goes back to N. I was able to drive the car however with warning sign in the dashboard saying PARK SYSTEM FAULT, I was also not able to open the Trunk since the car not in P position.

I don't know if some of you have encountered such a problem if so please help as there is no dealer yet in Oman.

Any Suggestion?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello Mohammed and congratulations on receiving your Karma!
If your search the forum for "reboot procedure" this may help you solve your issue.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
ejo3rd said:
Hello Mohammed and congratulations on receiving your Karma!
If your search the forum for "reboot procedure" this may help you solve your issue.
Let us know how it goes.
@Mohammed, Sallam Alaikum and Marhaba.

Here is the reboot procedure for the PRND system from one of the Fisker techs that contributed to this forum:

System Ready Mode, foot on the brake:
Press and hold D for 3 seconds
Press and hold N for 3 seconds
Press and hold R for 3 seconds
Press and hold P for 3 seconds
Shut off the car and allow to go to sleep

may need to be done 2-3 times, but corrects the concern in 99% of the cases.

You should not drive the car with "Parking System Fault" message on, particularly if you hear a loud noise or if the car seems sluggish, because this could damage the car's rear drive module.

Since the power in Oman is most likely 220V, but you got the cor from the US, you should consider getting a European charger for your Karma to be able to charge it a lot faster than the 110V charger that comes with the US cars.

I hope you enjoy the car and please post some photos when you get the chance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
magnus said:
The park system fault should have been corrected in one of the software flashes, do you know what baseline the car has? 6.20, 6.28?
I have Tried the reboot buy disconnecting the cable and reconnecting several times, the problem is still there.

I don't know which software version I have, How do check that?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hello Mohammed and welcome to The community.

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to figure the software by numbers.
A good guess: if you see the digital speed in stealth mode (instead of a tiny clock), you are most likely on 6.28

Stefan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I now know that I have 6.28 and I have the reboot procedure few times still with no luck. Anybody care to recommend another solution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
546 Posts
Mohammed, do you have a dealer in Oman? If so, that seems the likely place to go. If not, call Fisker Consumer Affairs. The phone number is 1 (855) 575 7577. Good luck and keep us informed about how it gets resolved!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. We don't have a dealer in Oman, I bought the car from the US and had shipped to Oman. I will call that number and see what's their recommendation

Mohammed

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mohammed said:
No. We don't have a dealer in Oman, I bought the car from the US and had shipped to Oman. I will call that number and see what's their recommendation

Mohammed
Mohammed
When you do The reboot procedure, make sure you leave it unplugged for a long time.
At least a. Hour or so.
Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
flying dutchman said:
Mohammed said:

Mohammed
Mohammed
When you do The reboot procedure, make sure you leave it unplugged for a long time.
At least a. Hour or so.
Good luck.
I have tried it for more than have an hour with no luck
MohammeD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tried the hard reboot and the DNRP procedures but the problem still present. I have consulted the service manager at Orange County Dealer and he is assisting me to resolve the Park Sys Fault. He also said it is ok to drive the car while it is displaying the Park Sys Fault.

I was able to resolve the charger problem, it was a grounding issue. The car is now charging.

Mohammed

I am attaching some pictures of the Karma.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Dear Mohammed.
I have done a hard boot before and left the plugs unplugged for 45 minutes. That did not help.
I then left it for several hours and the problems were solved.
I have read before that people had to reboot upto 3 times to solve an issues. Worth trying to leave it unplugged much longer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
To give you something to look forward to, I had the PNRD fault when I first got the car. And after it resolved itself with reboot, it never came back. I hope you have a similar experience, and this was just a one time glitch that officially inaugurates you into the fisker club, and the rest is driving bliss.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Mohammed: Great looking car! I am sure it creates a great stir everywhere you go.

Regarding the Parking Fault problem, one other possibility is the connectors. When I first got my car, there was a similar problem that turned out to be bad silicone sealant used in the connectors plugged into the Hybrid Control Unit (basically, the Karma's main computer). It is also possible that the connectors have come loose during shipment.

This is a very easy problem to fix, by unplugging the connectors and putting fresh silicone sealant in them and plugging them back in. The Fisker dealer in the US should be able to send very detailed information and photos you can show to a local high-end mechanic to take care of the procedure very quickly.

I don't think there is a very high possibility that this is the actual problem, but you may as well rule it out by checking the connections.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Fabulist said:
@Mohammed: Looks like you are going to have a Fisker dealer very soon: Link to press release.
Depending on the chosen interior trims, accessories and paint combinations, the Fisker Karma will retail in the UAE for between AED500,000 and AED600,000.

At current exchange rates that $135,000-$162,000. Good profit margin. :exclamation:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.