Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally got around to letting my girlfriend drive so that I could try and figure out where that awful noise was coming from in the back seat area. Ends up it was *NOT* coming from the panel behind the seats which I first suspected. Ends up it is wind turbulence noise coming from both rear windows. It comes from where the main window meets the little triangular one. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCBvjaPtt8


I had to filter the audio to drown out the road noise, but it's quite a loud rattle/crinkle sound in person and SUPER ANNOYING. It happens at about 55mph and up.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
brian said:
Ok, I finally got around to letting my girlfriend drive so that I could try and figure out where that awful noise was coming from in the back seat area. Ends up it was *NOT* coming from the panel behind the seats which I first suspected. Ends up it is wind turbulence noise coming from both rear windows. It comes from where the main window meets the little triangular one. Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcCBvjaPtt8


I had to filter the audio to drown out the road noise, but it's quite a loud rattle/crinkle sound in person and SUPER ANNOYING. It happens at about 55mph and up.

-Brian
I had the same issue. I took it to my dealer and they have fixed the problem. He said they had an engineer sit back there until they pinpointed the source. Now I can drive at any speed and without that annoying sound. There is a fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ejo3rd said:
I had the same issue. I took it to my dealer and they have fixed the problem. He said they had an engineer sit back there until they pinpointed the source. Now I can drive at any speed and without that annoying sound. There is a fix.
if you could ask your guys what they did to fix it I'd really appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
I have the same issue at the BACK of the right rear window! My daughter told me (she was sitting in the back). For me the sound is more faint, but still audible. I would also be quite interested in the solution they found for your car, Ejo3rd.

I didn't ask the dealer to look at it yet, because there were some more important issues that needed attention like the rattling sound from the FRONT of the left rear window, near the B-pillar (right next to my ear). When I inspected the outside I noticed that the rear window was not level with the B-pillar (it is level on the other side of the car). This creates turbulence and noise on the highway. To test if this was the cause I covered it with some tape and that worked.

My car is at the dealer this weekend for some updates and they are adjusting the window to hopefully take care of the turbulence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nobody has mentioned this issue in a while, so I'm wondering who's still experiencing it. A few people suggested there was a fix, but there have not been any details on it yet.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
brian said:
Nobody has mentioned this issue in a while, so I'm wondering who's still experiencing it. A few people suggested there was a fix, but there have not been any details on it yet.

-Brian
I just had this taken care of yesterday. Dealer said that there are some loose clips under the rear window shelf that are easily secured, eliminating the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there are two different rattles going on. There's a loud banging rattle that was coming from the shelf in the back which my dealer did fix a while back, but then there's this separate rattle coming specifically from the side windows in the back - right where the main window and that little triangular one meet (see the video at the top). That's the one in question.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
I had three rattles. The loudest one, near the left B-pillar, was fixed (the rear window was not level with the B-pillar). I still have a rattle near the left mirror. I can see a small opening on top of the mirror support, which isn't there on the other side and is probably causing some wind turbulence, so I am pretty confident this can be fixed next time the car is at the dealer for a software update. And then there is a rattle from the small triangle window in the back (right side), to which I guess you are also referring Brian. I read one or two posts from people who has this fixed, so I suppose this is fixable and I'm confident that the car will soon be rattle-free (which is especially important in a silent electric car).
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top