Fisker Buzz Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
avijohnson said:
The entertainment system in the Karma is an absolutely piece of crap. I think you can go into any Hyundai dealer, buy a $20k car, and have a better in-dash system. For me, this is the one piece of equipment in the car that completely destroyed my experience with the Karma
Acually my mom's Kia soul exclaim interface is way better. I like it better than BMW's interface. The nav works good. The fisker interface is scary. Little orange dots to show something is on,fail grey on grey contrast, fail. I feel like I spend more time trying to see and figure it out than watch the road. Fisker can get some points from Kia Hyundai [hr]
will said:
avijohnson said:
The entertainment system in the Karma is an absolutely piece of crap. I think you can go into any Hyundai dealer, buy a $20k car, and have a better in-dash system. For me, this is the one piece of equipment in the car that completely destroyed my experience with the Karma
While it hasn't "completely destroyed" my experience, it is like a huge wart on a beautiful girls nose. She also pretends it doesn't exist. You stop wondering what else is going on...

The point I wanted to make by posting the article about the Ford system is that a bad system is _much worse_ than no system at all. If Fisker just had dials, we'd all say "oh wow, its so simple and that was a bold design style because we all have iPads / iPhones anyway".

I emailed Fisker three about fixing it ( I design software, so its doubly upsetting because I deeply see just how bad it is ) and received no reply or even further questions about how it could be fixed.

At worst, I should have gotten an email with some info about their plan. *sigh*

Will
How hard would it be to make an after market Interface? Have you checked out the hardware to see if it can be replaced or reprogrammed? It. Ight be worth looking into
[hr]
avijohnson said:
Acually my mom's Kia soul exclaim interface is way better. I like it better than BMW's interface. The nav works good. The fisker interface is scary. Little orange dots to show something is on,fail grey on grey contrast, fail. I feel like I spend more time trying to see and figure it out than watch the road. Fisker can get some points from Kia Hyundai

· Registered
148 Posts
My command screen has been 100% blank for over a week now. Don't get me wrong though, it still works, but I have to guess locations each time I push the screen. I'm getting really good at looking at the photo in the manual while driving...

Thanks, Visteon.

· Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Richard Carnes said:
My command screen has been 100% blank for over a week now. Don't get me wrong though, it still works, but I have to guess locations each time I push the screen. I'm getting really good at looking at the photo in the manual while driving...

Thanks, Visteon.
The fingerprints on the screen are also a very useful guide, in my experience.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.