Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The "Command Center" system, designed with Visteon, is user-friendly and well executed, though may take some getting used to by those who are less comfortable or familiar with digital interfaces."

http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/2012-fisker-karma.php

There isn't much to say other than;

BULLSHIT.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a great bit of info to read about how customers reacted to Fords touch system:

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/business/after-ratings-drop-ford-reworks-touch-screens.html

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
avijohnson said:
The entertainment system in the Karma is an absolutely piece of crap. I think you can go into any Hyundai dealer, buy a $20k car, and have a better in-dash system. For me, this is the one piece of equipment in the car that completely destroyed my experience with the Karma
While it hasn't "completely destroyed" my experience, it is like a huge wart on a beautiful girls nose. She also pretends it doesn't exist. You stop wondering what else is going on...

The point I wanted to make by posting the article about the Ford system is that a bad system is _much worse_ than no system at all. If Fisker just had dials, we'd all say "oh wow, its so simple and that was a bold design style because we all have iPads / iPhones anyway".

I emailed Fisker three about fixing it ( I design software, so its doubly upsetting because I deeply see just how bad it is ) and received no reply or even further questions about how it could be fixed.

At worst, I should have gotten an email with some info about their plan. *sigh*

Will

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ct-fiskerbuzz - very cool to hear. I may need to ping you about some of that ( unrelated ).

Sorry if it sounded like doing software had anything to do w/ spotting the problems, I meant to express that when you see the results of someone's work you can read into their skill level, gaps in thinking/experience, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.