Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chinese manufacturer BYD will provide its electric buses to Israeli transit operator Dan Bus. The eventual goal is to replace about half of Dan Bus's fleet of 1,300 buses and minibuses... Newswire >

·
Registered
289 Posts
good luck, i'm originally from israel, the authorities there also promised light train in Tel Aviv for the last 10 year, nothing was really put into action yet..
hopefully BYD will put things to action.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not really, from what I understand they only lease, as a fleet lease, in terms of operational costs for the company/person the ROI is very low to the consumer as you can not really charge the car "off the byd grid" the electrons has to be sold by byd :(

In other words they kinda own you end to end, you don't have any choice but using their service for "refueling" and they control the price for everything.

On top of that both electricity prices and gas bumped up like crazy there, electricity from the single grid vendor there went up 33% in the last two months, so unless byd make their own using solar/natural gas or have a back deal with the elec company they are not in good shape which most of the time rolls the price to the consumer.

In summery BYD model in Israel is not attractive and set to fail from day 1.
Same model will never work for other counties is this service will be offered to the mass consumer market, it's too single vendor locked at this point. Even the car they offer is a single model single vendor.. Last time I checked people are not nYC taxi drivers, they want some freedom of choice, especially when there is no economic benefit for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts