Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. It's a nice ride, but she has the same problem we have: they don't make Pontiac anymore, so parts are hard to find.

Last year, she backed up over a curb and damaged that big black plastic piece that goes along the bottom of her rear bumper. This photo isn't her car, of course, but you can see what I'm talking about:

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2010/11/112_0902_01z-2009_Pontiac_G8_GXP-rear_view.jpg

The plastic molding snaps in above both tailpipes and in the middle, then has a few snaps underneath the car. Those snaps are what she broke off. I can kind of wedge it in place, but it pops out easily and I have to wedge it back all the time.

I found a replacement piece, but it ain't cheap! So before I spend a ton of money on it, can you guys suggest an alternative way to fix it?

A long time ago (maybe 25 years ago), I had a car with the side molding coming off and I taped it back on using some sort of heavy-weight high-temp double-sided tape, but when it got real hot outside it would come off. Does anything like this exist now that's better?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, $400 seems to be the going rate, but that seems like a lot to me. It's not even scuffed, just 3 or 4 clips that are broken off >:-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts