Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRUSA Elektronik AG, a Swiss maker of power electronics and motors for EVs, says its NLG6 system will be able to charge a typical EV in only an hour, with no need for an external DC charger... Newswire >

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
CHARGED EVs Mag said:
BRUSA Elektronik AG, a Swiss maker of power electronics and motors for EVs, says its NLG6 system will be able to charge a typical EV in only an hour, with no need for an external DC charger... Newswire >
This goes on my Karma wish list immediately. :heart:

22KW is probably overkill since most public charging stations her are limited to 240 V/ 30 A or 7.2KW so even a 10 KW charger would be more than enough here, but what the heck, may as well be prepared for future improvements.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No Cooling required for the charger? How did they do that? I saw some tesla roadster or model s chargers pics here that showed they are liquid cooled..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Seriously? Do you think such device can be installed in our Karma. Can we convice Fisker to test the device and offer this upgrade. I for sure willing to pay.
Anyway I agree, this would be also first on my wish list.
2nd on my wish list is a battery for 100 miles. Santa, I am ready!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
michaelCA said:
Seriously? Do you think such device can be installed in our Karma. Can we convice Fisker to test the device and offer this upgrade. I for sure willing to pay.
Anyway I agree, this would be also first on my wish list.
2nd on my wish list is a battery for 100 miles. Santa, I am ready!
The form factor is an issue and I am not sure if this would fit the enclosure for the Karma. Also, as I said, 22KW is well over what you can get at any public terminal or home EVSE. I would be more than happy with 10 KW, that would cut the charging time (assuming sufficient current is available) to around 2 hours.

Oddly, BRUSA only sells two 3.7KW chargers (one water cooled and one air cooled) and the 22KW one. There are no intermediate models.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
That looks very small and flat compared to the OBCM in the Karma which is more rectangular. In any event, it is a shame that Fisker chose the small 3.3kw charger rather than a 6.6kw or 10kw like the Model S. It would be great to fully charge the Karma in between lunch and dinner.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SoCalGuy said:
That looks very small and flat compared to the OBCM in the Karma which is more rectangular. In any event, it is a shame that Fisker chose the small 3.3kw charger rather than a 6.6kw or 10kw like the Model S. It would be great to fully charge the Karma in between lunch and dinner.
I totally agree with both of you. 10kW or even 6.6kW would be more than enough. I have now 4,000 miles on mine and I am doing on some days more than 50 miles. Therefore I get around 40mpg in total. I could get much higher if I could charge faster. There are many stations in SoCal I could use.
The slow charging is really what bother me the most. Do you guys think we may can raise this wish on the next conference call? I would be happy to pay for the exchange.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Nissan is making the 6.6kw charger a retrofit option for first generation Leafs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts