Fisker Buzz Forums banner

What has been your experience with 530/535

• I updated to 530/535 and have not experienced any new problems.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I updated to 530/535 and have experienced new problems (please post a response below with more detai

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I switched back from 530/535 to an earlier version because of new problems.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I am currently running an earlier BL version, for example 510, 520

Votes: 6 20.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted a survey earlier regarding BL 53x and, at the time, about 1/3 of the respondents had not yet upgraded but planned to in the future. Also, there has been anecdotal reports about problems popping up after updating to 53x.

Seemed like it was timely to update the survey and get more current data.

Please vote above, and if you have had problems, please post a short response with your experience and how it was resolved, if it was.

Please note that the poll covers new problems that appeared after upgrading to 530/535 only.

·
Registered
536 Posts
As I described in an earlier post, I had to do my first ever hard reset after getting 535. I just did my second last week.

Upon further research I learned that 530 was cursed with a battery-balancing flaw that could cause permanent damage - thankfully I don't think I ever had 530 (I think I went straifpght to 535).

So right now my poll answer is "b", but I expect to downgrade from 535 at my next checkup, which would change my answer to "c" (which is also the grade I'd give Karma electric for leaving the 2012s with a final version that's defective).

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
from the current results, it looks like Karma released a good software update. Pretty interesting that there are multiple threads about issues related to 53x but not reflected here.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Since 535 is the final release for 2012 owners, it would be instructive to know if 535 has resolved issues with 530 or the prior releases.

If you review the posts from last Spring's 530 poll, owners reported problems that are still present post-535. For example, being stuck in Neutral/Park and having the CIU reset itself to the Los Angeles time zone.

For me, combining the two releases makes voting difficult.

If the question is: "Has 535 resolved all the issues with prior releases?" My answer would be no.

If the question is: "Has 535 introduced or uncovered new problems?" My answer would be yes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had twice the known blinking ready problem, and not being able to put it in drive, so did twice the hard reset to resolve the problem.
I have 535 for 6 months now... And had twice this problem so far...
Hopefully a fix comes, really stupid when many people watch you while you must open the hood for the hard reset ��

·
Registered
859 Posts
Note this post from Bert Yetman last Spring:

"My Karma was just returned after having the 70 pt inspection, a new 12V battery, two new front tires, and 530.

"The first night it would only charge to 4 miles, and I had a Hi Voltage battery light, which went out after a restart. It came on several times during the day on startup. Ran on ICE all day.

"The second night it charged to 24 miles, and again the Hi Voltage light illuminated. I tried a hard reboot. Light went out and I drove off with the ICE running. While waiting for a red light, I went to Park. On the green light, the car would not come out of park, except for neutral. Holding up traffic, I turned the emergency flashers on. The car will not shut off with flashers on. Called 911. The police arrived and lit flares around the Karma. I shut off the flashers and shut off the car.

"After 2 minutes I restarted and the lights were out, so I left and went straight to the CSP. I waited while they reflashed (2.5 hours). Then they said they couldn't get things corrected and the HiVoltage light was still on. They gave me a loan car Thursday. No callback on Friday or Saturday. Waiting."

~

As I was saying in my earlier post, 535 has continued some old problems. One thing I neglected to say is that although some issues remain post-535, my Karma - with a new battery and with Pat's and KA's support - is running better than EVer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had 535 installed approx 6 mo and 1500 mi ago along with one module by HarleyGuy. Not a problem since. HarleyGuy is the man. SS

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
There is no rhyme or reason why some cars have a problem and others don't . I know for one thing 530 had and has issues and 535 has issues all issues were reported to Fisker as soon as the cars started to act up. WhenI reported the problem with 520 taking out the CIU losing backup camera and presets they didn"t believe it until Joe also confirmed he was having problems

·
Registered
32 Posts
Upgraded to 535 mid December after I went to Kroymans in Holland. Should never have done the upgrade. Car was running fine and now the 'blinking ready' issue has come up a couple of times. The battery stopped charging 4 days ago...multiple resets does not solve the problem. Dunno what to do :(
Screen does not come on intermittently. This happened a couple of time when I bought my car back in 2012. But since then it has been good....now, it happens every few days.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Since upgrading to 535 in November of 2016 I've had one instance of the flashing-ready light necessitating a hard reset. Other than that the car has been rock solid with no issues, CIL/MIL indications or other bad behavior.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Since upgrading to 535 in November of 2016 I've had one instance of the flashing-ready light necessitating a hard reset. Other than that the car has been rock solid with no issues, CIL/MIL indications or other bad behavior.
Just out of curiosity - did you notice any stored codes? It takes 3 occurrences of the same DTC to trigger a CIL, so the only way to know for sure is to perform an OBDII scan.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Just out of curiosity - did you notice any stored codes? It takes 3 occurrences of the same DTC to trigger a CIL, so the only way to know for sure is to perform an OBDII scan.
I didn't write this very clearly - I haven't received ANY MIL/CILs since 535 that I recall. I don't even thing I got one during the Flashing Ready incident, although I do not recall and the hard reset may have cleared it.

Brent

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
I have had to have the basic files for the radio settings, rear view camera and the phone connections 2 times. Before the last failure, all was working fine. With the car in reverse, I noted that my back up camera went "dark/off" when I tried to pair my phone. So I don't make any adjustments with the car in reverse -- just a thought since SW is usually sensitive to a sequence of events. Of course this could have be a mere coincidence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts