Fisker Buzz Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Someone posted a Karma on another forum in an "ugly cars" thread. While I respectfully disagreed, I must admit that the two-part grille has always bothered me a bit. I feel that it should look more toothy, so I quickly shopped up an example and I must say I like it.

tl;dr registered just to share this:
I agree with this comment on the split grill - I think best option would be the surf grill with no split down the middle - can you photoshop an example?

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Looks much happier! But if a surf grill is over $1000, I'd hate to guess what "reconstructive dental surgery" like this would run. Look at the thread for VL Destino to see another vision.
Maybe @Sigurd can fix the car's smile using Invisalign or even traditional orthodontia. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
As we spoke about today, definitely put me down for the pre-order for the new grill kit. Chrome border like the current grill and matt black for the struts. I'll tell you what I'd really like to see is the grill on the pictures of the Sunset. That's my personal fav.
I agree with ixtractm that the Sunset grill is probably the best grill that FA made. It echoes the 2 diamond shapes on either side of the front of the Karma and sort of gives them a reason for being there IMO.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it looks like one of those giant catfish they catch barehanded, Noodling, I believe. Maybe paint some teeth on the new grill.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I agree with this comment on the split grill - I think best option would be the surf grill with no split down the middle - can you photoshop an example?
I have always been a fan of the metal mesh grill covers, such as these:

If I were to get one, I would get it in same color as my car (Eclipse) to de-emphasize the maw, rather than draw attention to it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Someone posted a Karma on another forum in an "ugly cars" thread. While I respectfully disagreed, I must admit that the two-part grille has always bothered me a bit. I feel that it should look more toothy, so I quickly shopped up an example and I must say I like it.

tl;dr registered just to share this:
It does look a bit better without the gap toothed grin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, but I hate photoshopping such patterns, and openings in the Surf grille seem to vary in size in relation to the distance from the middle "gap" :D

I have always been a fan of the metal mesh grill covers, such as these:

If I were to get one, I would get it in same color as my car (Eclipse) to de-emphasize the maw, rather than draw attention to it.
I considered such a mesh for my car (not a Fisker, sorry ^^') but realized I like a less-dense mesh more as it doesn't start looking like a solid surface from a distance. In my opinion, the less dense the pattern, the better it works in larger quantities. Compare:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I love the metal mesh look... how hard is it to take the grill apart? Does anyone know if there Is there a shop manual we can download or buy?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Once you have the front bumper off, there's clips that hold the grill in.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Thank you Lormax. The black mustache look always bothered me. Is there any documentation floating around on how to remove the bumper?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Last day for pre-order pricing. If you're on the fence and simply are waiting to see it installed on a few cars first, PM me. I'll lock in the pre-order price for you. I also have high-res versions of the installed pictures that I can email over as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Pre-orders are closed!

Thanks to everyone that ordered. Each of you is in contact with me via phone, email or both and will get updates on your parts as I receive them. Looking forward to seeing them installed on your cars in the near future!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Anyone want a slightly damaged set of the surf grilles cheap?
FedEx damaged the ones Lormax sent to me...they can be easily fixed with some fiberglass work.
However I have decided not to install them.....if anyone wants them PM me and make me and offer. I can send photos of the pieces too.
thanks,
GR

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Oh wow. You didn't mention that the grills showed up damaged. They were sent using a shipping company and should have been insured. I'll be contacting you promptly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As we spoke about today, definitely put me down for the pre-order for the new grill kit. Chrome border like the current grill and matt black for the struts. I'll tell you what I'd really like to see is the grill on the pictures of the Sunset. That's my personal fav.
Did you received this grill and where can I buy it at which estimated price? Thanks

21 - 40 of 40 Posts