Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just chiming in. I replaced my car's original set of Goodyear F1 tires with another set of the same tire. Yes, the shoulders lose their very shallow tread after 3000 miles, but in hot (70*F+) weather these things stick to the road like they are nailed there. Very quiet as well, relative to their hybrid car application. First set lasted just over 13k mi before I opted to replace them.... just to get into a new production F1 tire. 3000 mi on new rubber and very happy with them. I don't drive in wet, snow, or cold weather. For all season use the Yokohama Paradas are the hot ticket.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
AFAIK, the Goodyear F1s should not be used below 40º F, but there is no upper temperature limit, persumbly up to the melting temperature of the rubber compound, so no driving over Lava.

The real problem with the F1s is that they have not been made for years, and the existing stock is hurtling past its sale-by date, so looking at alternatives like the Yokohama is not a bad idea.

Just FYI: I am on my second set of F1s. The original set was replaced at 30K miles. The current set has 16K miles on it and there is still plenty of rubber left according to the wear indicators. Both sets had the typical "almost bald" edge wear pattern after the first 3K miles which looked pretty horrendous but did not affect safety or performance. Nevertheless, my next set of tires will probably be Yokohama or other brand that is currently in production.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts