Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 12v was dead and I had to use the key to open the passenger door. Charged the 12v and car comes on with READY and then PARK SYSTEM FAULT , appears across dash (along with a flashing triangle and ...right before the park system fault)....The car will not get out of Neutral.... Everything else comes on....The buttons you push to open the gas tank and the trunk won't work which is new and strange.... I already (thanks to this forum) tried what I think is the hard reset (unplugging for 30 seconds) . Help...Need to get it moving because it is nose deep in my garage....

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
One suggestion: When the battery dies, charging it does not always bring full functionality back. Try leaving the jump pack or another battery connected when you try to shift the car out of "N". Ultimately you will have to replace the battery, but you have to get the car out of the garage first.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Time to roll out the Fisker Karma signal light and hope that one of our resident superheroes will respond to the call. @Harleyguy, @FiskerPhilly, @Patrizio33, are you guys out there?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The park pawl is stuck engaged, but the gear selector thinks it is in neutral, thus it is confused due to the 12v crash. I have a way to jump the wiring at the HCU to bypass and move the motor back to neutral to sync it with the car, however it is pretty challenging. Not sure of your technical/mechanical skillset with this type of thing. Email me
[email protected] and I will get in touch with you.

Joe

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have 3 letters for you:

AAA
Premium membership approx $100 per year
Includes up to 200 miles of free tow to dealer (so does your insurance policy)

If you own a Karma you need AAA

This is not a paid ad

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Well if you have any mechanical ability I suggest you go with what Fisker Philly memtioned I've had to do the same on customers cars stuck . It's just a matter of applying a ground and a 12 volt source to two wires on a connector you remove from the HCU .
The HCU is located on the passenger side. It the computer that has the three separate plugs on it and is closest to the headlamp assembly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Harleyguy, it seems a problem a lot of us may have, when the 12v battery dies. I have changed my battery, but when cars spend a lot of time stationary, my experience is that some batteries are more suited for longer time of stillstand - even applying a trickle charger. Is it possible to get a picture of which connectors you should apply the ground and 12v.

I know we all ask a lot, but for sure, highly appreciated, since I also park my car with the nose in.

Another idea: not sure if there is such a solution already, but if some owners went together and bought a PC we can ship this around in Europe, allowing for you experts to remotely hook up to the car - even with the time some difference, it should be possible to manage.

Of course, not a service for free, but mostly to be able to being able to move the car and get it driven. As of today, in Europe we only have CSP´s in mainland Europe, but for owners in the North, South it is a bit long to go, especially if the car needs to be transported.

Just an idea, if there is interest?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Harleyguy, it seems a problem a lot of us may have, when the 12v battery dies. I have changed my battery, but when cars spend a lot of time stationary, my experience is that some batteries are more suited for longer time of stillstand - even applying a trickle charger. Is it possible to get a picture of which connectors you should apply the ground and 12v.
Please do search the forum for this sort of information - a search for "Trickle Charger Pictures" brings up this thread, for example.

Simon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Simon - however, I was thinking about the connector on where 12v + ground should be connected to get the car out of neutral - if stucked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not super mechanical but my father in-law is and is coming this weekend to help me so any detailed instructions are welcomed.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
What's an HCU..... need step by step instructions ....Sooner the better
lol I don't think it would be wise to mess with the pin outs on the HCU unless you know what you are doing. Could cause some real damage. The pins you are looking for are on the C connector of the HCU and they need to be jumpered. You could really cause some damage if you are not careful

·
EcoSport in ATX
12 Posts
Thanks to everyone contributing to this group; it is probably one of the most engaged groups I have ever seen.

Not sure how to explain it, but I just got a flooded/salvage FK on a dare project and now, I'm slowly grasping the magnitude of my decision....oh boy.
@Harleyguy: I'm not sure if y9ou are still around, but you mentioned on this thread one needs to provide a 12V + and - to some of the HCU to try to get the car unstuck; can you show us which pins?

thanks again

Cristiano
ATX

·
EcoSport in ATX
12 Posts
I know it has been a long time since the last post on this; does anyone has a diagram on which specific pins need to be activated in which connector from the HCU?

Any help is really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Cristiano

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help, Karma after crash, dead 12 volt battarry, after recharging cannot start engine or iven put in neutral gear. can anibody halp?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts