Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please tell me who an authorized representative to fix my car in Southern California area is? I emailed Sterling Automotive and never heard back. Also my car is dead and I can't get it out of the garage. Any suggestions? It does not want to jump with a portable jumper. Thank you in advance to whomever can help.

PS this is a new account, my other account james571 is not letting me log in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally got back into my account just had to get on a desktop computer. I've used Alex in the past and he did an excellent job. I just hope that AAA will ship over there. Not sure if they consider him an "authorized" dealer.

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
only authorized service is Rusnak in pasadena (there have been negative reviews on the forum about their business practices). Although there have been rumors that Karma themselves are going to open a center in Newport Beach. Are you on 535? If so I thought there was a battery tender feature which would prevent a full discharge of the 12v.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not believe I am 535. Last time I updated was early 2015. I remember hearing another update was coming out when I did the last one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. AAA came and jumped the car and it started right up and drove fine. I asked them to tow it to Alex and they did for free. Will update more next week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the car back. Needed a new battery, oil change and to update the software. Also needs a high voltage capacitor I believe (whatever makes it pass smog). I choose not to do that at this time because he said it wouldn't hurt the car if I didn't and I don't have $3,500 free right now. A new house and an upcoming baby is putting a cramp on my finances..

·
Registered
57 Posts
12 Volt Battery Location

Can you tell me where I can find info on how/where the 12 v battery is located and how to replace if it has gone bad due to car storage.

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's under the right front wheel well cover. You have to take the front wheel off and also unscrew the black weather guard, and it is on a shelf left of (behind) the wheel well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's a bit of a pain to replace, but make sure you replace it with just the right one or the car won't work. One of the moderators here can probably provide a list of the exact batteries that will work.

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
The 12VDC battery is located in the right wheel well behind the inner fender cover-- towards the passenger door. Be careful, it is fairly large and heavy. I replaced mine proactively, but had to re-calibrate the Window regulators and the parking brake. Everything worked fine. Or just have it done at the CSP. With the latest software, the HV battery will maintain the 12 battery in storage. However, it is now five years with the 12 battery in use, and may be getting to its end of usable life.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
The 12VDC battery is located in the right wheel well behind the inner fender cover-- towards the passenger door. Be careful, it is fairly large and heavy. I replaced mine proactively, but had to re-calibrate the Window regulators and the parking brake. Everything worked fine. Or just have it done at the CSP. With the latest software, the HV battery will maintain the 12 battery in storage. However, it is now five years with the 12 battery in use, and may be getting to its end of usable life.
I wouldn't recommend 535 problems continue to pop up and cause problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, Harley Guy, are you saying no one should upgrade to 535?

I'm on the fence with a car in southern US at a dealer, and wondering if I should encourage them to replace the battery into the deal, and do the 535 software.

Plus... how much to rebuild the soft spline RDM's? Cos they're saying for sure the car does NOT have them done.....other things like coolant switch, etc are all done and new tyres...

many thanks,

Simon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts