Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my karma under the dashboard I can hear a metal crash sounds (very small sound) and plastic shake sound under windshield is been for few months already i think it's small problems so i don't worried, but today I can hear like small bumping sound come from under the windshield or dashboard when car driving on the road is not smooth. if the road is flat and smooth no sounds. only thing I can think what happens is few day's ago I drive on highway about 65mph and hit a small paper box and I checked the car front bumper and under the car no any damage . No CEL

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Can almost be anything but if I had to guess if the car still has the heat shields around the lower control arm and around the center muffler one could of gotten bent and that's the rattle your hearing . Very common rattle and I remove the heat shields anytime I get a chance .
They were a waste of money and weight Fisker had us removing them anytime we heard them rattle . They serve no purpose

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can almost be anything but if I had to guess if the car still has the heat shields around the lower control arm and around the center muffler one could of gotten bent and that's the rattle your hearing . Very common rattle and I remove the heat shields anytime I get a chance .
They were a waste of money and weight Fisker had us removing them anytime we heard them rattle . They serve no purpose
Thank you I will check it out .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Both my Karma's have had this issue and I found the reinforcement control arms (or whatever they are called :)) going across the engine get lose from time to time.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Both my Karma's have had this issue and I found the reinforcement control arms (or whatever they are called :)) going across the engine get lose from time to time.
This is why I Heli-coiled the holes for the struts. That way I could torque down the bolts real well without stripping the threads. Big improvement. Got the heli-coils on Amazon: "Helicoil 5546-10 M10 x 1.5 Metric Coarse Thread Repair Kit".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts