Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my Karma yesterday and the ESC light came on.. Then the Steering system fault light came on and the power steering went out while I was moving pretty fast. I stopped the car and tried to reset. Nothing. Then I did a hard reset. Now the 3 windows stopped working also.

I love the car and this is my first real problem I've been unable to fix. Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Sorry didn't see the post earlier when you do a hard reset in order to get the windows to auto up and down again you need to wiggle the window switches up and down fast then the windows will start to work sounds stupid but they will work . Next put the windows in the fully up position and hold the switches in the up positions for a few seconds then release .

After the hard reset did the steering start working ? Also lets us know when the car is in ready mode and looking at the power steering resovoir do you hear the PS pump whining or see fluid movement in the resovoir

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried what you said.. Only the drivers window works.. Steering fault light is still on with the ESC light.. No sound or movement in the reservoir. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is a long shot but do you know if your 12 volt battery is fully charged? Low voltage will cause loss of steering and loss of brake assist.

Also:

I can't seem to find the pictures I'm looking for but there is a wiring harness that runs right by the powersteering pump bracket that can chaff and cause an open. These are CAN bus wires so basically your steering pump among other things stops working.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Your window problem is most likely caused by a blown fuse. Its one of the yellow ones, 20amps. The drivers window is double wired so itll work in such scenarios.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Your window problem is most likely caused by a blown fuse. Its one of the yellow ones, 20amps. The drivers window is double wired so itll work in such scenarios.
Would a similar explanation also apply to the power steering pump?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would a similar explanation also apply to the power steering pump?
It is possible, dont have my schematics at hand so cant be sure if its wakeup is on the same circuit.
Theres always the possibility that the harness is cut somewhere causing the fuse(s) to blow.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It is possible, dont have my schematics at hand so cant be sure if its wakeup is on the same circuit.
Theres always the possibility that the harness is cut somewhere causing the fuse(s) to blow.
See below:

Not the first time this has happened.

This is a long shot but do you know if your 12 volt battery is fully charged? Low voltage will cause loss of steering and loss of brake assist.

Also:

I can't seem to find the pictures I'm looking for but there is a wiring harness that runs right by the powersteering pump bracket that can chaff and cause an open. These are CAN bus wires so basically your steering pump among other things stops working.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check your wheel speed sensors, make sure they're not cut/pinched/etc. They're routed from the wheel bearing around the control arms with plastic clips. Check each corner of the vehicle, hoisting the vehicle helps but you can almost see them through the wheels. If ESC is disabled this is the most likely culprit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help! The #25 fuse was the problem. Changed it and everything went back to normal.. But the fuse blew out again right away.. Any ideas??

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for all the help! The #25 fuse was the problem. Changed it and everything went back to normal.. But the fuse blew out again right away.. Any ideas??
Also:

You need to check this. I will gurantee you will find chaffing on this wire harness which is causing the short and your fuse to blow.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
I will try to get some pictures for you kinda hard now my IT department has blocked Photo Bucket so I might have to wait until get home to upload .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I've basically narrowed the problem down to fuse #25 blowing out... I'm in Vegas and it was 120' when this happened.. Maybe something melted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts