Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - anyone found a solution to my current issue? Usually in car parks, when I'm doing that 90 degree turn into a slot at or near full lock, there's often a creaking noise coming from somewhere up front. I hear it as if it's in the car but that could be my imagination. Any ideas?

Simon

·
San Francisco Provider
31 Posts
Hi - anyone found a solution to my current issue? Usually in car parks, when I'm doing that 90 degree turn into a slot at or near full lock, there's often a creaking noise coming from somewhere up front. I hear it as if it's in the car but that could be my imagination. Any ideas?

Simon
Hey Simon,
It's Pat. Does the noise happen on turns in both directions? Could be a front tire rubbing on something like a wheel liner. Call if you have more questions...........

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pat - pity I can't just drop it by at your location!

The sound is more of a creaking/clicking noise only heard at full lock (probably both directions). I don't think it's the wheel lugs (you replaced those and the wheels have not been removed in a long time). It's almost as if it's inside the car - perhaps in the steering column... No odd noises when driving normally, happily.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a very old problem. You need to clean your front wheels and torque the lug nuts to the correct NM. See my attachments from old thread.
Thank you - I did have the torque of the lug nuts checked yesterday and they were apparently okay. I'd like to say that the wheels had not been removed in years, but I suspect that when the car went in for its annual services (including have the 12V battery changed) they were. Perhaps the cleaning and new-lug route is the way to go. If so, I'm surprised that more people aren't experiencing this issue. Nonetheless, I can't help but think that the creaking I'm hearing in the car is something else.

Time to take it to my local Karma service center (I have to get the rear bushings replaced anyway). I will update this thread when I hear more.

Simon

·
Registered
9 Posts

Simon
Simon, I had a similar creaking noise coming from the front & I could not tell sounded like it was bouncing in from all over... I removed the shock tower bracing that goes up to the cowl and wala, gone. I had the noise not just at full or near lock tho... it was now & then & random. Thank you to Joe F. or Harley Guy Adam for that tip. The mental madness finally ended. Try that. Easy to undo/put back. All I have for you Simon.

·
Premium Member
2012 Fisker Karma #1030
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Simon, I had a similar creaking noise coming from the front & I could not tell sounded like it was bouncing in from all over... I removed the shock tower bracing that goes up to the cowl and wala, gone. I had the noise not just at full or near lock tho... it was now & then & random. Thank you to Joe F. or Harley Guy Adam for that tip. The mental madness finally ended. Try that. Easy to undo/put back. All I have for you Simon.
Thank you - worth a look!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts