Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Karma #70 SE
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sesarched the forum and couldn't quite answer this... Hoping someone can share their experiences.

Traveling 60miles away from home for the first time last night. Kots of questions for the experienced on the forum....

A. I decided to use sport on the way. As I drove the battery distance dropped.... not by mile, but about 1 mile for every 5. I was traveling about 70MPH... started with a 43mile charge.
B. I did put it in hill mode a few times.
Q1 - Should the sport mode call on battery power at all?
Q2 - When I switched to hill mode did I somehow call for battery power?
Q3 - Did the sport not kick in? At 70MPH and with my hearing, I really couldn't tell?
C. When I arrived, the battery had gone down to 25miles
D. I decided to use sport on the way home, should the same occur... at least i would make it.
E. The battery didn't drop at all all the wat home, Stayed exactly at 25miles.

With no dealer to ask, just looking for some insight... Operator error?

And thanks yo all that read and post to this site... It is a lifesaver.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
All normal. If you engage sport mode with more than 26 miles, you will be using electricity from the battery and from the generator. Once the magic 26 miles hits, the car will get all it's electricity from the generator and it'll hold at 26, unless you are going up a steep hill, or you are in stop and go traffic, or you are accelerating hard. Then it'll "borrow" some from the battery only to replenish what it borrows when you're cruising.

·
Registered
483 Posts
All normal. If you engage sport mode with more than 26 miles, you will be using electricity from the battery and from the generator. Once the magic 26 miles hits, the car will get all it's electricity from the generator and it'll hold at 26, unless you are going up a steep hill, or you are in stop and go traffic, or you are accelerating hard. Then it'll "borrow" some from the battery only to replenish what it borrows when you're cruising.
All energy in both sport & stealth is drawn from the battery, there is no direct connection to the generator - it is fed through the battery first.

In sport mode, the same amount of energy is drawn at >26 miles than it is at 26 or less miles. 26 miles or 65% (SOC) is just the set point at which the vehicle enters "charge sustaining" mode.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
In sport mode, the same amount of energy is drawn at >26 miles than it is at 26 or less miles. 26 miles or 65% (SOC) is just the set point at which the vehicle enters "charge sustaining" mode.
I don't think this is accurate - Sports mode >26 miles sends close to 380hp to motors while Sport mode <26 miles sends much less.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Do you feel huge power drop when the cluster switches from 27 to 26 miles?
Accel is slower in sub26 sport than plus 26 sport

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Accel is slower in sub26 sport than plus 26 sport
I have experienced this as well and documented it with Dynolicious. This only impacts the top end of the power availability and you only experience the difference when making large power demands, such as accelerating from a standing start. If you are demanding 180KW or less, the experience would be the same in Stealth and Sport mode <26M.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I have experienced this as well and documented it with Dynolicious. This only impacts the top end of the power availability and you only experience the difference when making large power demands, such as accelerating from a standing start. If you are demanding 180KW or less, the experience would be the same in Stealth and Sport mode <26M.
When I last did a trip to HQ, I confirmed this with FA engineer and management. Have also seen the power flow diagram and there is less power being delivered to the motors in sub-26 Sport. I'm not sure exact quantum of difference (e.g. 0.5s or 1.5s), but its perceivable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts