Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the start of the new thread. Working on finding an appropriate restaurant. Must have an outdoor lot that can hold our vehicles in one location.

Only have had a couple of responses so far so if you are considering coming, I would like to have everybody respond asap otherwise it is hard to book a restaurant.

Will have some info on restaurants by Wednesday

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am considering but cannot commit at this time due to possible business travel that month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am in.. Guys, really look into Las Olas and yolo. I am good friends with the GM and I can try work us in so that we can have valet park all the cars in the front. Nice outdoor bar area too. Let me know..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am in.. Guys, really look into Las Olas and yolo. I am good friends with the GM and I can try work us in so that we can have valet park all the cars in the front. Nice outdoor bar area too. Let me know..
Looked into YOLO, think it is not for us. Even though I asked for GM they wouldn't put me through. Catering mgr. said they could valet cars in garage only, and not necessarily together.

Lastly, and most important, they have gotten consistently bad reviews on the web. Think it would be a real risk.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just spoke to NY Prime in Boca; here are the highlights

1. As long as we are minimum of 25 people they will give us use of entire restaurant from 11am until 4:30 pm (assuming we do lunch and not dinner)
2, Open parking lot self park, they will try to secure an appropriate number of contiguous spaces, but cannot guarantee. Will try to work that out with them by using parking cones and tape.
3. Cost per person $65.00 all in (taxes and gratuities included)
4. They will get us a bartender at additional cost, plus drinks are on separate tab.

This sounds like a pretty good deal from a restaurant that has an excellent reputation. It is approx. 1 hour from Miami, so although it is a bit far, will give us a great experience.

Will have to think about making a commitment by Dec. 1st, otherwise no guarantee on dates. Unless there are specific objections to either Boca or the restaurant, I would like to go ahead with this one, since the more recommendations we get the more complicated this becomes (then we have to vote, and we know how that works in Florida)

·
320 Posts

1. As long as we are minimum of 25 people they will give us use of entire restaurant from 11am until 4:30 pm (assuming we do lunch and not dinner)
2, Open parking lot self park, they will try to secure an appropriate number of contiguous spaces, but cannot guarantee. Will try to work that out with them by using parking cones and tape.
4. They will get us a bartender at additional cost, plus drinks are on separate tab.

This sounds like a pretty good deal from a restaurant that has an excellent reputation. It is approx. 1 hour from Miami, so although it is a bit far, will give us a great experience.

Will have to think about making a commitment by Dec. 1st, otherwise no guarantee on dates. Unless there are specific objections to either Boca or the restaurant, I would like to go ahead with this one, since the more recommendations we get the more complicated this becomes (then we have to vote, and we know how that works in Florida)
I'm in for 2 people

·
320 Posts

For those unfamiliar with the restaurant, NY Prime is a very upscale restaurant with excellent food; especially their steaks

I'm in for 2 people

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looked into YOLO, think it is not for us. Even though I asked for GM they wouldn't put me through. Catering mgr. said they could valet cars in garage only, and not necessarily together.
I like YOLO, but the circle in front would not take very many cars. A venue in FLL would be preferable given its equal distance between MIA and Boca (south Miami can be an hour's drive to north Miami alone), but Las Olas can be a challenging place to park more than a handful of cars together, even on the weekend, so I can't make any specific suggestions. If many participants are coming from boca or WPB, I'm fine with boca too.

Wherever we decide to meet, I make a motion that Harleyguy's meal is on us!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I may have misposted this:

Just contacted JR at Palm Beach motors. Will ask him for some contacts of enthusiasts how may not subscribe to the Buzz. Maybe somebody can contact Fisker at Miami and do the same.
Also, think the 18th will be best date, as it will give us an extra week to put this together.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I happened to eat a Kaluz over the weekend and they have a nice parking lot out front. They are on the water and commercial blvd. I asked if they would host such an event and was told to have whomever is setting this up to call during the day but the weekend manager seemed to agree it wouldn't be a problem to arrange .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok so a new place is opening up next to Kaluz called Boat Campers.. Heard its going to be insane. Food and tv's everywhere. I actually am friends with the owner of the valet guy who is running it for the restaurant. I am 100% positive they will be able to handle the cars for us. Its grand opening is this weekend i blv. Or maybe a soft opening.. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is what I was worried about, we now have YOLO, NY Prime, Kaluz and
Boat Campers. I am not going to call of these restaurants to hash this out--glad to handle this but not this way. Let's make a decision and move on from there. NY Prime may not work out if we don't get at least 25 people, although I think that will happen.

Also, why would we want to go to a restaurant with a bunch of tvs blasting at us.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts