Fisker Buzz Forums banner
41 - 60 of 130 Posts
There were many mistakes by management but none worse than what Tony did (nothing). ... what did Tony do? The only thing that I can see he did was usher the company to the doorstep of insolvency. Lasorda actually left the company in decent shape prior to Pos taking over. Not a single Fisker vehicle was produced under Pos. What exactly did he do?
I agree that LaSorda did a great job with fixing the major problems and also responding to the crises quickly and aggressively, and I would suggest, effectively. For example, there was a lot of nonsensical chatter and speculation about the thermodynamic design flaws of the Karma's engine after the fires, and LaSorda put out a very strong and factual statement about the design and he investigation that lead to the fans, and the subsequent recall. His strong response, IMHO, was the reason why the "deficient design" story never got any traction with the press. The company also raised a fair chunk of money when he was running things.

Tony P., on the other hand, seems to have focused just on making a deal with a partner and did not do much about running the day-to-day operations of the company. At least that's the impression from outside.

Posawatz should never have been the CEO. He didn't even have the balls to tell us we were all let go, he had someone else do it.
At least he did not abandon ship like Henrik did. HF's departure did not cause this, but he certainly changed the dynamics of the negotiations. He should have stayed on and gone down with the ship, if it came to that.

At least he did not abandon ship like Henrik did. HF's departure did not cause this, but he certainly changed the dynamics of the negotiations. He should have stayed on and gone down with the ship, if it came to that.
IF he had abandoned ship I think FA would be a better company. The guy has no clue. He ran the line for the Chevy Volt (with basically an unlimited budget), how does that make him a good CEO for an EV startup company? How awesome would it be if Destino and Fisker combine and Lutz takes the helm. That would be unreal, we can dream.

The rumored reports had it that Henrik wanted to downsize FA back into FC and keep costs under control where as Pos wanted to grow the car company. I believe that if FA had followed HF's plan that FA would be in a better place than they are right now. YMMV

To be clear the Chevy Volt cost $3B to develop, the Karma $1.0-1.4B, and the Model S $600M

Don't forget to account for the couple hundred million already spent on the Atlantic design, well before it had clear prospect of being built. I suppose that's what some of the employees laid off today were still working on, or Karma improvements we will never see?

I agree that LaSorda did a great job with fixing the major problems and also responding to the crises quickly and aggressively, and I would suggest, effectively. For example, there was a lot of nonsensical chatter and speculation about the thermodynamic design flaws of the Karma's engine after the fires, and LaSorda put out a very strong and factual statement about the design and he investigation that lead to the fans, and the subsequent recall. His strong response, IMHO, was the reason why the "deficient design" story never got any traction with the press.
Is that what happened? My impression was that they attacked the character of the guy that suggested there was a problem (questioning his motives), and then publicly acted like there was no problem, leaving the cause of fire as an unknown. They had previously suggested the victim of the fire might have committed fraud.

Believe it or not, at the time of that May 2012 fire, I suggested the issue might have been a cooling fan. http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1276-fisker-fire-post12461.html

Then after the August fire, I again suggested the fan might be the source and that it was a known issue. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9709-Fisker-Fires?p=173505&viewfull=1#post173505

A few days later Ray Lane made a statement that it might be the fan.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9709-Fisker-Fires?p=175433&viewfull=1#post175433

And then finally a few days after that they issued a recall, admitting it was a known issue and they already had a solution ready to go. Then why did they wait for a second fire before issuing that recall?

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Is that what happened? My impression was that they attacked the character of the guy that suggested there was a problem (questioning his motives), and then publicly acted like there was no problem, leaving the cause of fire as an unknown. They had previously suggested the victim of the fire might have committed fraud.

Believe it or not, at the time of that May 2012 fire, I suggested the issue might have been a cooling fan. http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/13-fisker-karma/1276-fisker-fire-post12461.html

Then after the August fire, I again suggested the fan might be the source and that it was a known issue. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9709-Fisker-Fires?p=173505&viewfull=1#post173505

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9709-Fisker-Fires?p=175433&viewfull=1#post175433

And then finally a few days after that they issued a recall, admitting it was a known issue and they already had a solution ready to go. Then why did they wait for a second fire before issuing that recall?
They knew about the fans about a week or two after the first demos were delivered. Then magically once a car actually caught fire, they did something.

We are all highly impressed with your powers of observation and your prescience, O' great Oracle of doom-phi.

If you are done patting yourself on the back, let me remind you that the speculation I was talking about came about AFTER the second fire and based on comments from some self-proclaimed expert in engine thermodynamics who was trying to say that there was fundamental design flaw with the engine and packaging and Fisker nipped it in the bud with a very strong and factual statement and we heard no more of that speculation.

I now leave your presence in a half-crouch, walking backwards, and waving a censer, o' great Oracle.

8AVGMPG: I guess they were scared shitless to do another recall after the widely reported 'hose clamp' recall.

Maybe management would have ****** up regardless but they really couldn't make sane decisions under the political microscope.

We are all highly impressed with your powers of observation and your prescience, O' great Oracle of doom-phi.

If you are done patting yourself on the back, let me remind you that the speculation I was talking about came about AFTER the second fire and based on comments from some self-proclaimed expert in engine thermodynamics who was trying to say that there was fundamental design flaw with the engine and packaging and Fisker nipped it in the bud with a very strong and factual statement and we heard no more of that speculation.

I now leave your presence in a half-crouch, walking backwards, and waving a censer, o' great Oracle.
Sorry, Fab, but your memory is faulty. That happened after the first fire, in May. I even provided links above. Or are you thinking of something else?

Not that there's much left to sue, but knowledge like that could likely for the basis of one. The first fire victim went dark, I wider if fisker shelled out?
Since the only damage was to property which was beyond dispute and pretty easily calculated, I suspect the insurance company took care of that without the need for a lawsuit.

Sorry, Fab, but your memory is faulty. That happened after the first fire, in May. I even provided links above. Or are you thinking of something else?
You are right. I had a faulty recollection of the sequence. I stand corrected.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Not that there's much left to sue, but knowledge like that could likely for the basis of one. The first fire victim went dark, I wider if fisker shelled out?
I'm not privy to the details but the first car that caught fire was too far gone to determine what the cause was. Fortunately (for fisker), once the 2nd incident happened, it was pretty obvious where the fire had started.

I'm not privy to the details but the first car that caught fire was too far gone to determine what the cause was. Fortunately (for fisker), once the 2nd incident happened, it was pretty obvious where the fire had started.
But I thought Fisker knew before the first fire, would of it been better to disclose the fan issue before the Texas fire?

41 - 60 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.