Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put my car in the shop today with Classic Cadillac and Fisker here in Atlanta specifically to update my software.

Checking it now, this is what I have:

HW Ver. PV
SW Ver. 05.03.99.00
VIP Ver. 07.07.00
Nav Ver. 01.05.01
Host Ver. 09.29.00

Their lead Fisker technician Bernie says that this is the latest version, that he went through them module by module and updated my APM module only.

I know that I am specifically suffering from several of the things that are purported to be fixed in 510 but, if the dealer can't apply the fix, is there another recourse? For example, I am comfortable doing it myself if I could just get my hands on the version with some instructions or is there somewhere to point Classic so that they can get the latest version?

Anybody out there have any advice?

Thanks,

-Joe

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
So, I put my car in the shop today with Classic Cadillac and Fisker here in Atlanta specifically to update my software.

Checking it now, this is what I have:

HW Ver. PV
SW Ver. 05.03.99.00
VIP Ver. 07.07.00
Nav Ver. 01.05.01
Host Ver. 09.29.00

Their lead Fisker technician Bernie says that this is the latest version, that he went through them module by module and updated my APM module only.

I know that I am specifically suffering from several of the things that are purported to be fixed in 510 but, if the dealer can't apply the fix, is there another recourse? For example, I am comfortable doing it myself if I could just get my hands on the version with some instructions or is there somewhere to point Classic so that they can get the latest version?

Anybody out there have any advice?

Thanks,

-Joe
First off their is no way you can do it on your own you need 10K worth of equipment in order to apply the software plus the software itself. If the dealer said it has the latest software and he spent the time to check each module their isn't anything left you can do . If the software has been flashed and the modules show the proper updates that's all. They can try and reflash each module using Flash Light but you will have to pay and more then likely it wont help sorry

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses.

Can anyone on the forum confirm if this is, in fact, the latest build? In many other, older posts it is stated that 5.1.0 is the latest. On techinfo.fiskerautomtive.com, this is stated as well. However, it is unclear to me how the BL translates to a version number.

From that web site:

BL 510 Software Update - Version 02 Uploaded OCT202012 - Thursday, October 18, 2012
Please download the BL 510 software update (version 03) from the Bulletin section as well as the Diagnostics > CIU Software section of the website.

Secondly, the issues that I am having....

Frozen, static Solar roof screen. Buggy Bluetooth with very different volume from other audio. Over all sluggishness of the response from the touch screen. All of these are noted (again, elsewhere on these forums) as specifically being fixed by 5.1.0.

It am just thinking that it is possible that the dealer is unaware of the update.

I am suprised to hear that it requires 10K of equipment. I thought it was an operation performed via a thumb drive to the USB port.

Basically, can anyone confirm if this is, in fact, the latest released version and, if not, does anyone have any sugestions as to how I might get it installed (preferably in the Atlanta area).

Thanks,

-Joe

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Joe,

It's complicated, but build 510 (not 5.1.0) represents a collection of software versions for many systems of the car. There is nothing in the car that says "510" when you are on the latest version. The only way to tell is to do what the dealer did and inspect the version of each component. Some of this you can see through the touch screen and some can only be checked using proprietary Fisker diagnostic tools. Software upgrades likewise require these tools. There is no Over-the-Air or thumbdrive upgrade capability.

Search these forums and you'll find lots of discussion about Fisker's irrational numbering scheme (the version previous to 510 was 6.17) and details about the specific version numbers of the various components that can help you determine you're on the latest version.

Regarding your specific issues again I suggest you search these forums. The Solar screen has *never* worked and was actually scheduled to be removed from the CIU before Fisker went belly-up. This has been covered extensively here. Some folks are actually running a bootleg beta version of the unreleased CIU software without a solar screen.

As for the Bluetooth and responsiveness issues, 510 made them *better* but that's relative. It want from terrible to merely annoying. there are strategies and practices about minimizing and mitigating both of these issues on the forums. Hint: keep you phone volume low when on BT to minimize clipping and static on calls. the BT behavior also varies by phone. My Palm Pre worked beautifully and my Samsung S3 was crap until a new version of Android showed up and now its great. At this point in my novel you'll be unsurprised to hear that there are posts about this in this forum ��

The Classic folks have been servicing Fisker's including mine for a couple of years. I'm pretty sure they know what they're talking about.

Brent

·
FiskerJoe
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brent,

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess I will let it go and move on with my life then. Still very much in love with my car.

Cheers,

-Joe

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Joe, those ID #s are correct for 510 baseline as far as the CIU. It is up do date. As Brent said, the sw helped but never cured all the issues. (and trust me if you talk to an original owner, its miles from where it started, lol)
Patience is #1 most necessary personality trait when owning one...It's still worth the enjoyment as you said.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Brent,

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess I will let it go and move on with my life then. Still very much in love with my car.

Cheers,

-Joe
Joe,

One useful tip regarding Bluetooth is to reduce the volume setting for calls on the phone as low as it goes without being off, and then use the volume controls on the Karma to control the actual speaking volume. In most cases, doing this significantly reduces the annoying pops and scratches and feedback. This is somewhat inconvenient because you have to keep cranking up the volume on the phone when you are outside the car and remember to lower it in the car. Nevertheless, it is pretty effective in my experience.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Secondly, the issues that I am having....

Frozen, static Solar roof screen. Buggy Bluetooth with very different volume from other audio. Over all sluggishness of the response from the touch screen. All of these are noted (again, elsewhere on these forums) as specifically being fixed by 5.1.0.
Joe, I agree with fellow Fisker Buzzers. Those issues you have listed are in most Karmas regardless of the software versions. Bernie from Atlanta Classic is on top of things. They have been helping me since 2011. I sincerely hope for new and improved software release soon, however, I am not holding my breath.

What color is your Karma?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts