Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just gotten my car in the last two weeks, I'm surprised at the number of bugs still existing in the production version. I know its a new car and expected this to happen, but I had hoped it wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, so I'm not that pissed, but just wish it was better at this point in time. :s

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Fisker1212 said:
Having just gotten my car in the last two weeks, I'm surprised at the number of bugs still existing in the production version. I know its a new car and expected this to happen, but I had hoped it wouldn't. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, so I'm not that pissed, but just wish it was better at this point in time. :s
Welcome to the Forum and join the club, literally. Many of us are really enjoying driving our Fiskers but wish for better software. According to reports, a much improved version of the system software, known as version 615 is in the final stages of being road tested and will be released when it is deemed ready for prime time, which we all hope is very soon.

In the meantime, in keeping with tradition, please post pictures of your car for us to admire and enjoy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
After 1200 miles I thought I was beginning to figure out this version of software but had that darn CEL today.
Here's my tips for trouble free motoring:
Don't unlock the car or open the trunk while charging.
Don't leave your keys in the car.
Don't use Bluetooth, USB or the parking brake.
Don't use the ICE, hill mode or sport mode.
FM radio with auto presets has also been a great but avoid using the steering wheel volume button.
Don't rely on parking assistance.
Last, don't expect any communication from Fisker corporate about the next software version or what it addresses.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I think Marcus is being a bit overly harsh, but there does seem to be various different issues with different cars. 4000 miles and my issues are not as bad.
Agreed bluetooth & USB have issues.
Parking assist does not work in hill mode.
Good news is each software upgrade has been better. I hope Fab is right and 615 comes out soon(the dealer recently told me about 2 more weeks...we'll see!).

Also, I've been told hand wash only...no car washes (not that I would..but a warning).

Post some pictures and best of luck.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
marcus said:
After 1200 miles I thought I was beginning to figure out this version of software but had that darn CEL today.
FM radio with auto presets has also been a great but avoid using the steering wheel volume button.
Last, don't expect any communication from Fisker corporate about the next software version or what it addresses.
I have had a different experience than Marcus. I use Bluetooth and the parking brake every time, but don't use USB.

I use the ICE and hill and sport mode every day without any problems

I use the steering wheel volume bottom gingerly. If you push it too hard it will send the volume all the way up to max, or down to mute.

The parking assistance works as long as you are in D, and not hill mode.

Fisker is testing next software update but has no install date because they say they will not bring it out until it is ready, whenever that is. Probably some time in April. [hr]
Charged in The OC said:
marcus said:
I have had a different experience than Marcus. I use Bluetooth and the parking brake every time, but don't use USB.

I use the steering wheel volume bottom gingerly. If you push it too hard it will send the volume all the way up to max, or down to mute.

Fisker is testing next software update but has no install date because they say they will not bring it out until it is ready, whenever that is. Probably some time in April.
And we all LOVE our cars. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there at any price.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Charged in The OC said:
marcus said:

Fisker is testing next software update but has no install date because they say they will not bring it out until it is ready, whenever that is. Probably some time in April. [hr]
I have 2000 Miles on my car and my experience is similar to that of @Charged in OC, except:

I do use USB to play music but it has the same problem (for me) as BT streaming in that it has occasional pops and distortions. The BT hands free phone connection works perfectly.

Charged in The OC said:
And we all LOVE our cars. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there at any price.
If someone offered me a straight trade with a Bugatti Veyron SuperSport, I would be tempted. Otherwise, I agree.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Fabulist said:
Charged in The OC said:
marcus said:

I have 2000 Miles on my car and my experience is similar to that of @Charged in OC, except:

I do use USB to play music but it has the same problem (for me) as BT streaming in that it has occasional pops and distortions. The BT hands free phone connection works perfectly.

Charged in The OC said:
If someone offered me a straight trade with a Bugatti Veyron SuperSport, I would be tempted. Otherwise, I agree.
For the record Fubulist, I also have the pops and such with the bluetooth, whether playing music or talking on the phone. But, using the bluetooth has not created other problems for me, which was the point.

And.....I am not a fan of Bugattis, either the new one or old ones. Some these $30 million bugattis I think are just plain ugly., IMHO.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm just posting my experience with 6.14. If you just want sugar coated posts visit the Fisker Facebook page. My car has been a terrific daily driver despite it's serious and annoying software bugs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My experience is similar to Fab and charged- minor bugs- quick soft reset clears every time
Make sure you lock doors and let go to sleep before charging and disconnect charger before unlocking or opening trunk etc and most of the bugs do not surface

more bugs surface after using sport mode or running grown batteries and using ICE but again they clear with reset

615 I am told (as of this past Friday) is ready 99.9% and release is anticipated APril 3 so to be safe add a week or so to that- we do not have a dealer here so this is from higher ups at Fisker- LOVE this car even with the bugs. It has become my biggest challenge to try and stay stealth all of the time so I try to top off at Blink chargers any chance I can. at 1300 miles and still about 205 mi/gal

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
marcus said:
I'm just posting my experience with 6.14. If you just want sugar coated posts visit the Fisker Facebook page. My car has been a terrific daily driver despite it's serious and annoying software bugs.
I don't need to sugar coat anything. But, my car really do not have any of the problems people are describing. I actually open the trunk whenever I want to, never go into ACC before hitting brake and the ever button again. I have no CEL and my car has never left me stranded and I haven't had to do a "hard reboot". I do have to turn the volume up a little when I receive phone calls and back down when I end the call and my AC blows warm air for a little while when the ICE kick in, but there are no major issues with my car. I wish your car performed as well as mine and hopefully soon it will.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to chime in as well. I have never done a hard or a soft reboot. I use the car daily for the past 3 months. I do have many unpredictable bugs all of which are minor and which became more abundant after the last update (6.14). I use solely the steering wheel volume button, use BT for hand free phone use, always use parking brake and never even knew about people having issue with the trunk opening. I only wish I didn't do intermediate updates and got the upcoming beta tested- as all should have been- 6.15.
I don't love the car- I'm in Love with it.
I have never enjoyed driving any car ad much as I do my Karma.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I'd characterize most of my problems as nuisances with the main exception being the heat shield vibration/rattle which can be embarassing when you have passengers. It is really pronounced where I live with the hills and grade - in flat driving, I don't hear it nearly as often.

That said, I love the Karma. For me, as many of you know, it was a hugely impractical and emotional purchase. No buyer's remorse yet =)

Regarding 6.15, it would be great if Fisker overdelivered on this - e.g. maybe that new Tom Tom NAV software we've all heard about or the return of day/night themes for the dash, in addition to fixing all the other bugs we've encountered. That would give LaSorda instant rockstar status among the Karma faithful and skeptics alike.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Agreed, I Just Love my Karma and most issues are annoyances not major problems.
Mine is a daily driver as well and I have never been stranded either.
The car is stunning and attracts nearly as much attention (although a different type) as my Lambo.
I just love it when Audi, BMW and Mercedes drivers give you the thumbs up or stare in awe :)

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I drive a loaded 2012 Audi twin turbo diesel. With night vision (with warnings), heads up display, crash avoidance (the car slams on the brakes before you crash), driver sleep detection (if you don't wake up the car safely pulls over), blind spot detection, front, curb, rear and overhead view cameras, etc... I don't think they aren't missing anything.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have had a lot of fun with the car so far.
I am a car fanatic so the little issues are completely bearable.

6-15 should be here this week.. I will post once my car is updated.

parking sensors slow (rubbing is racing so I would rather not use them)
the parking sensors don't work for curbs anyways..
all issues have reset over nights charge.
Passenger side window slow.. probably a grounding issue like most aluminum frame vehicles, audi a8 had similar problem. probably need to increase the gauge of wire used.
Vibration left side door 70+
Check engine light on
and PRND Fault
Had to reset the whole car by disconnecting White Harness on right strut tower.
problems have not resurfaced in 3 days.

acceleration from 100-125 feels weaker than my CLS going from 100-155
I will time 0-125 in the Fisker compared to my CLS 0-155..

Max speed in stealth mode seems to be 85-90 unless going downhill..

·
Registered
156 Posts
kylekeith said:
Passenger side window slow.. probably a grounding issue like most aluminum frame vehicles, audi a8 had similar problem. probably need to increase the gauge of wire used.

Max speed in stealth mode seems to be 85-90 unless going downhill..
the lift motors are actually very torque-y, more likley the glass needs adjusted in the run channel to keep it from binding

Max speed for stealth mode is limited to 90mph, sport mode to 125mph. vehicle is capable of more, it is software limited to protect the longevtiy of the battery pack/electric motors/inverters.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Nimisys said:
Max speed for stealth mode is limited to 90mph, sport mode to 125mph. vehicle is capable of more, it is software limited to protect the longevtiy of the battery pack/electric motors/inverters.
I thought Fisker said Stealth max speed was 95mph?

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
marcus said:
I drive a loaded 2012 Audi twin turbo diesel. With night vision (with warnings), heads up display, crash avoidance (the car slams on the brakes before you crash), driver sleep detection (if you don't wake up the car safely pulls over), blind spot detection, front, curb, rear and overhead view cameras, etc... I don't think they aren't missing anything.
I agree that it is nice to have the toys. I miss the radar-assisted cruise control and collision warning system I had in my last car, but I only used that feature some of the time and I like the driving characteristics, the feel and the fuel economy of the Fisker all the time. In balance, I rather have the Fisker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.