Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker owners, we finally have a terrific place to get our cars fixed. I originally towed my Fisker to a guy named Alex in Mission Viejo. My car had been in storage for 2 years. He told me I needed a new battery system for $22,000. I then went to the Fisker America Corp office in Newport Beach, spoke with an engineer who told me about Dave Peters at Eurocar off Redhill. I was told he took the Fisker mechanic course plus he's right down the street from the Corp office for consults if needed. Dave identified the problem as being a singular bad battery module (1 of 15). He replaced the singular module, totally serviced the car and generator and replaced the tires. They got Fisker to cover $5000 of the cost and my drive away price was $1,400. A little less than the $22k Alex quoted. I also replaced the cars 12V battery for $195, labor included. Car drives great. Service personal were really nice and Dave Peters is now my Fisker hero. My hat is off to Eurocar, Newport Beach and Dave Peters.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi J.

Thanks for sharing.
'Alex' might be confusing. Here in the forum, Alex Pop (Elite Motors) has a good reputation.
Could you please confirm, that you spoke to another Alex at another place?

;-)

·
Premium Member
3,082 Posts
Karma 12v AGM batteries are not available at this time so we replaced it with a specific Bosch with the same output levels and no labor cost to replace.
Interesting but Fisker did release a recommended Interstate battery back when the Karma came out . They released a campaign dealing with faulty 12 Volt batteries . Fisker never supplied us with replacement batteries they had to be sourced locally .
I've been using the Interstate model ever since but if the Bosch one works for you so be it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.