Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisker owners, we finally have a terrific place to get our cars fixed. I originally towed my Fisker to a guy named Alex in Mission Viejo. My car had been in storage for 2 years. He told me I needed a new battery system for $22,000. I then went to the Fisker America Corp office in Newport Beach, spoke with an engineer who told me about Dave Peters at Eurocar off Redhill. I was told he took the Fisker mechanic course plus he's right down the street from the Corp office for consults if needed. Dave identified the problem as being a singular bad battery module (1 of 15). He replaced the singular module, totally serviced the car and generator and replaced the tires. They got Fisker to cover $5000 of the cost and my drive away price was $1,400. A little less than the $22k Alex quoted. I also replaced the cars 12V battery for $195, labor included. Car drives great. Service personal were really nice and Dave Peters is now my Fisker hero. My hat is off to Eurocar, Newport Beach and Dave Peters.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi J.

Thanks for sharing.
'Alex' might be confusing. Here in the forum, Alex Pop (Elite Motors) has a good reputation.
Could you please confirm, that you spoke to another Alex at another place?

;-)

·
Authorized svc facility
3 Posts
Does sound a little strange Even the price of the 12 volt battery is below cost of the battery alone.
Karma 12v AGM batteries are not available at this time so we replaced it with a specific Bosch with the same output levels and no labor cost to replace.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Karma 12v AGM batteries are not available at this time so we replaced it with a specific Bosch with the same output levels and no labor cost to replace.
Interesting but Fisker did release a recommended Interstate battery back when the Karma came out . They released a campaign dealing with faulty 12 Volt batteries . Fisker never supplied us with replacement batteries they had to be sourced locally .
I've been using the Interstate model ever since but if the Bosch one works for you so be it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts