Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am considering the purchase of a Fisker as DD - am still investigating a few things.. I am based in Belgium. (hence sea-climate, with rainy but mild winters). The way things are now, it looks like the car would need 'to sleep outside'. Is this something that you guys think will trigger extra problems ? Would my Karma be the only one that sleeps outside or can I take comfort from other members ? Any measures one could suggest ?
Super forum with lots of rich information - a thank you to all members. MVP

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hello all, I am considering the purchase of a Fisker as DD - am still investigating a few things.. I am based in Belgium. (hence sea-climate, with rainy but mild winters). The way things are now, it looks like the car would need 'to sleep outside'. Is this something that you guys think will trigger extra problems ? Would my Karma be the only one that sleeps outside or can I take comfort from other members ? Any measures one could suggest ?
Super forum with lots of rich information - a thank you to all members. MVP
@mvp2, The main concern about parking a Karma outdoors in wet weather is the possibility of water coming in through the cowling below the windshield and damaging a computer (the CIU) located under the dashboard on the passenger side of the car. This is a known problem and there is a Karma bulletin on the fix that basically involves putting down a "Hoover Dam" of silicon sealant to keep the water away from any of the openings in the area. There is some discussion about it in this thread. This thread dates back to shortly after the release of the Karma and contains some posts complaining about paying so much for a car with a leak, etc. Don't let them scare you. It's a very simple and cheap problem to prevent, and a lot of Karmas have had them done already as part of their routine service.

Other than that, I think the Karma is fine sleeping outdoors. I parked mine outside in all sorts of weather without any issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much appreciated Fab!

Allow me to reconnect with you if my local service point (either Krooymans in the NL or NRW garage in Dusseldorf) need further guidance (the "Karma bulletin" you make reference to) to execute on it.

Best, MVP

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Or just buy a car cover and water proof it. :D
The cover works well when the car is parked, but water could potentially get in when the air is driving through the rain or when washing the car, and it makes sense to have this done regardless of when you park your car.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Much appreciated Fab!

Allow me to reconnect with you if my local service point (either Krooymans in the NL or NRW garage in Dusseldorf) need further guidance (the "Karma bulletin" you make reference to) to execute on it.

Best, MVP

Hi MPV and welcome.

My Karma always sits in any weather with no drawback. I'm in the Duesseldorf area and NRW Garage did the Hoover Dam for me in 2012... seems to be fine.

Stefan

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
The cover works well when the car is parked, but water could potentially get in when the air is driving through the rain or when washing the car, and it makes sense to have this done regardless of when you park your car.
How do you know this was done? How can check to make sure I don't have an issue with mine? OR am I ok since I have a very late VIN?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Stefan, much appreciated.
My car 2012 Ecosport Shadow, #2262 has been maintained by Krooymans (NL), but I may well have a chat with the people from Dusseldorf to see whether they can do my car. Schönes Wochenende !

Hi MPV and welcome.

My Karma always sits in any weather with no drawback. I'm in the Duesseldorf area and NRW Garage did the Hoover Dam for me in 2012... seems to be fine.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
How do you know this was done? How can check to make sure I don't have an issue with mine? OR am I ok since I have a very late VIN?
Easiest way is to pull up the grate and visually confirm that it was done. Takes just a few seconds. See the thread I posted in my earlier response for a photo of what the fix looks like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts