Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on an old thread and couldn't find the answer, but somehow I have some XM stations locked. How do I turn the lock off? It prompts me for a code (4 digit) but I have no code? Would love to listen to all the music available to me. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I looked on an old thread and couldn't find the answer, but somehow I have some XM stations locked. How do I turn the lock off? It prompts me for a code (4 digit) but I have no code? Would love to listen to all the music available to me. Thanks!
Sorry for an obvious questions, but do you actually have an XM subscription? Sometimes they unlock some of the channels as a preview for non-subscribers, but you have to have a code or a paid subscription to get all the channels. If you have a subscription but are not getting all the channels, you should get in touch with XM.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for an obvious questions, but do you actually have an XM subscription? Sometimes they unlock some of the channels as a preview for non-subscribers, but you have to have a code or a paid subscription to get all the channels. If you have a subscription but are not getting all the channels, you should get in touch with XM.
Thanks--yep, subscribed ;-). Classic Karma infotainment issue, my presets deleted themselves so I was resetting them. When I went to search for ESPN Channel 80, I hit the padlock icon by accident and boom--locked. Grabbed a random Channel and hit the button to see if I could simply hold an icon to unlock, but that evidently is too obvious. It asks for a 4 digit code; I'll call XM but it really appears like it's a security setting in the Karma radio. I have no code so don't have a clue what that would be, or if there was ever a generic one that was universal.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Went looking in the manual for a possible answer, and apparently, you can lock out individual satellite radio channels using the "Parental Lock" feature (See attached screen shot). Maybe the previous owner locked out some of the channels? Seems unlikely, but certainly not impossible. This is all new to me, and I have no idea how to bypass the lock in this situation, but may be a place to start.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
A reflash of the CIU should unlock it but since I've never encountered this I'm only assuming it will work. A reflash wipes out all previous presets and anything user stored .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A reflash of the CIU should unlock it but since I've never encountered this I'm only assuming it will work. A reflash wipes out all previous presets and anything user stored .
Thanks to both Harleyguy and Fab. XM could not do anything remotely so it was the parental control. Issue is because I'm not the original owner, I have no clue what code was set (looks like I'll be reading to see how to reset that, if I can). I did a global reset and all stations are accessible--Mike & Mike and Colin Cowherd are now back in my talk radio stack ;). Now if I can just get the thing to recognize and accept my preference since the reset to disable the easy entry/exit setting, we'd be in business lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts