Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reluctantly decided to put my car up for sale. I have 4 cars now, and only a 3 car garage, so something's gotta go. I'll be sad to see the Fisker go, but it's the least justifiable of the four cars.

It has just under 16k miles, however, the battery was replaced at 6k or 9k miles (I can't remember exactly). I'm asking $60k for it, but for the forum members I'll accept $55k.

More info is up on my site here: http://briangreenstone.com/fisker

-Brian

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Curious, what other cars besides the Karma and your Aston do you have in your garage these days?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Brian, you should update your YouTube Karma video to note that your Karma is "...the best daily-driver I've ever owned....." I'm not sure that part of your experience came across properly.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curious, what other cars besides the Karma and your Aston do you have in your garage these days?
There's an Aston Martin Vantage, a Jaguar XF, and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. My girlfriend drives the Jag, the Jeep is my dog hauling off-roading, ranch-mobile, and I'm the president of the Aston Martin Owner's club for Texas, so I can't get rid of any of those. The Fisker is my daily driver, but it's the only one I could still get rid of, and then I'd just use the Aston or Jeep as my daily.

-Brian

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suggest having the GF park outside (at least until she has a ring on it).

-s-
Hehe, funny thing about that XF is that it's only the 4th most expensive car I've ever owned, but it's by far the nicest. Much nicer than the Aston or Fisker, although not as cool or fun by any means. The Jeep is the one that sits on the driveway right now - it's the least expensive of the cars, and the easiest to fix should it hail or something.

-Brian

·
Registered
996 Posts
From your latest energy consumption video it seemed like you were totally sold on EV's. Ditch the XF replace with a Model S (similar looking) so you can still drive on the solar.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Keep Jeep outside. Problem solved!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oddly, I got 2 phone calls at the same time today inquiring about the car. One was from a guy in Cincinatti, but he says he's found other Karma's with similar mileage going for $45k. I haven't seen any that low. Has anyone else?

The other guy is actually a guy I know who's in the Aston Martin Owner's Club. He seems interested, but called me as he was getting on a plane, so he told me he'd think about it and get back to me next week. He seemed to be ok with the $50k "friend" price I gave him. We'll see... I'm actually not in any hurry. The closer I get to selling it the more I realize how sad I'll be to see it go.

-Brian

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lormax, what would you think a fair price for an Eco-Sport @ 16k miles would be?

Thanks,

-Brian

·
Registered
59 Posts
BRIAN:
some info from a prospective buyer
i've been on the hunt for a nice fisker and have cars offered to me from 49k-62k.

49k for a 23000 mile car and 62k for a car with 900 miles. i'm ok with spending mid 50's however the car must pass travis inspection and be the right color.
i've noticed the white cars seem to bring a bit more $. just some info i've found while searching the last month. i do think currently there are more cars on the market than there are buyers for. i see the same cars listed over and over on ebay.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BRIAN:
some info from a prospective buyer
i've been on the hunt for a nice fisker and have cars offered to me from 49k-62k.

49k for a 23000 mile car and 62k for a car with 900 miles. i'm ok with spending mid 50's however the car must pass travis inspection and be the right color.
i've noticed the white cars seem to bring a bit more $. just some info i've found while searching the last month. i do think currently there are more cars on the market than there are buyers for. i see the same cars listed over and over on ebay.
Yes, there do seem to be a lot of Karmas on the market, but not in Texas or anywhere nearby. I figure since anyone in the central US looking for one would have extra expense in acquiring a car from California I can afford to ask a little more here. California is probably flooded with them, but then again there may be more demand there too.

-Brian

·
Early Adopter
1,259 Posts
Yes, there do seem to be a lot of Karmas on the market, but not in Texas or anywhere nearby. I figure since anyone in the central US looking for one would have extra expense in acquiring a car from California I can afford to ask a little more here. California is probably flooded with them, but then again there may be more demand there too.

-Brian
I see less then 70 for sale on cars.com, i would hold firm at 55K - that's reasonable ; maybe advertise overseas -- you may get more for it. it's not like they are making more -- besides you are a celebrity now, surely that's worth something to a buyer :angel:

·
320 Posts
Well, so far the only offer I've had on my car was $20.00 from some kid on Craigslist.
Oh, the irony of it! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Please tell me you posted your youtube link as part of you car ad!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I had my first solid offer today. Someone from Kansas offered $48k. I turned him down, and he's back to thinking about my counter offer. No way I'd sell it for that low...

-Brian

1 - 20 of 45 Posts