Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some fun today... in the driver's side hood latch, I found a nice little rat's nest about the size of a basketball! Possibly a significant source of my problems... but as I cleaned and poked around, I'm pretty sure that I can manage caulking everything up myself. It doesn't look like rocket surgery (ha), I just caulk the heck out of the air filter housing and every opening I see. Right?

The question is, what kind of caulk to use? I've read a lot of posts saying that they used marine sealant, so based on that I've found:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used a marine grade silicone sealant (not sure what manufacturer though) and it has held up - no pulling away from the surfaces after a year and a half.

BTW - 5200 is a great product if you never want it to come apart again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The polyurethane of 3M 5200 scared me a little... it wouldn't have any flex to it at all, would it? So the seal could potentially crack?

Based on that logic, I think I'm going to order the JB Weld tonight. It's silicone based so it should have a little flex, and I've used JB Weld brand virtually my whole life. When I was 16 and was driving an 87 Mustang GL that was basically a pretty Pinto, I remember using JB Weld epoxy to literally glue my muffler back together!! LOL

I won't use it until Saturday or Sunday, though, so if anyone has a good reason to use something else, please let me know before then!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts