Fisker Buzz Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Stillwaiting said:
Sadly, after more than 2 1/2 years of lies, tall tales and flat out B.S., I'm out. I will be one of many who cancel a long standing order, that will be followed by "fence-sitters' not ordering, followed by dealers not wanting their other brands infected by Fisker. At that point, the wheel's literally come off of this "company".Face it folks, there are no cars for us, there probably won't be cars for us and if there is, they are going to be full fledged disasters. Fisker has done NOTHING to defend themselves against all this negative publicity. Years of delays, false statements relating to mileages, "firm" delivery dates that were promised BEFORE the car was even certified for sale, political back lash about the federal loan, reduction in batteries ordered from AONE indicates less sales than estimated, and now, electrical problems with the signiture cars??? As badly as I wanted this car and what it represented, I don't need a $100,000.00 planter. There will always be a car to buy, no need to buy one from a company that could care less about long time deposit holders or potential customers. I have a vision of 100 people at Fisker headquarters packing personal belongings into little white boxes and turning out the lights. I want to be wrong but, I don't think so.
Really?? Two posts; what, you signed up just to post this? Real cars are only weeks away, and even the most hardened skeptics here have turned. So you're getting out now? That totally makes sense.

You're late to the party dude, the time for this type of complaining was like six weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
mattjs33 said:
Really?? Two posts; what, you signed up just to post this?
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i6yLRmo7CjU[/video]

:D

-- Fab.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ha! Good one Fab! There are lots of reasons not to buy the Karma, but at this point, when they're actually beginning to get cars (albeit demos) to the dealers, the reasons listed by Stillwaiting are lame to say the least.

After all, even though DMC went belly-up soon after delivering cars, the original owners have had great experiences with those head-turning vehicles all these years and can still sell them for more than what they paid for them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Mycroft said:
Ha! Good one Fab! There are lots of reasons not to buy the Karma, but at this point, when they're actually beginning to get cars (albeit demos) to the dealers, the reasons listed by Stillwaiting are lame to say the least.

After all, even though DMC went belly-up soon after delivering cars, the original owners have had great experiences with those head-turning vehicles all these years and can still sell them for more than what they paid for them.
Well, great experiences in various ways, just not in "driving". :D (The DeLorean was notably poor in terms of handling, reliability, and pretty much every useability metric. Not a great choice for comparisons in my book. :D They did become an instant classic though, and given the relatively small full planned Karma sales, the Karma will likely end up a collectors' item as well in less than the standard time frame, so in financial terms, buyers may well come out ahead here too. It's still a pretty big risk, and if you buy it for collection purposes, you have to store it and keep it safe from fire, theft, etc.)

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Mycroft said:
That's why Fisker's use of Valmet is pure genius. DeLorean had to spend most of the money he had raised on building a car factory in Northern Ireland before he could deliver a single car. Fisker is using the money on design and R&D instead, and just pays Valmet to assemble the cars. This means that they can build and deliver cars before they start on building their factory. Fox news rhetoric aside, this is the best way to protect everyone's investment in the company.

- Fab.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
How come Fisker kept price the same on Signature Edition when those of us who had a deposit just as long had to pay through the nose in terms of price increases?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Because the Signature Edition cars had a contractually guaranteed rice of $100k in the application form. I believe the normal cars were always an estimated price. Plus a Sig Edition order (when it WAS more than the regular price, with no exclusive features besides the paint, you were paying for the exclusivity and delivery priority) order was at the time a bolder statement of commitment to the concept of Fisker/Karma - you had to be in early and pay a premium.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
siliconkiwi said:
Because the Signature Edition cars had a contractually guaranteed rice of $100k in the application form. I believe the normal cars were always an estimated price. Plus a Sig Edition order (when it WAS more than the regular price, with no exclusive features besides the paint, you were paying for the exclusivity and delivery priority) order was at the time a bolder statement of commitment to the concept of Fisker/Karma - you had to be in early and pay a premium.
Also, originally, the solar roof was supposed to be a $5K option on the production cars but was included on the Signature Edition.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And let us mention the fact that I have no choice of exterior and interior color for the Signature Edition.[hr]
Plus, originally the SE deposits were $5k while the regular production deposit was only $1K, which did change, I know. I am curious how many people actually paid the $25K for the Sunset.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
kabalah70 said:
I am curious how many people actually paid the $25K for the Sunset.
I was at the event where the Sunset was unveiled and was seriously tempted to plunk down the $25K and wait for a few years after seeing that amazing looking car, but I just don't have that kind of patience and the huge deposit is basically a strong signal that Fisker does not want to build that car any time soon but they also did not want to say that they were not going to build it any time soon.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I am looking to compile an Excel spreadsheet list of Signature Edition owners, with their sequence number and the dealership from which they took posession of it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts