Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Fisker. I will never sell it. But as you see from the signature, my Karma is not my only car. There are other cars I can drive if I need to, although my Karma is my main driver since I bought it.

Right now, we don't know what will become of Fisker or the ability to get our cars serviced/fixed and to get parts and software updates. So, I was thinking that maybe I would drive my Karma less, and my other cars more, until we know what the future may hold. The idea here is to keep it in good operating condition, but not drive it enough to have something new go wrong. Right now, my car works well without issues.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I totally understand where you're coming from. My biggest problem is what what else do I want to drive?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just take it out when you want to astound yourself and everyone else.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The HV pack is probably the biggest future problem with the Karma. A123 (B456) supplies (supplied?) a very similar BCM to BMW (Activehybrid). I am not sure if the hardware connector is the same though.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
The HV pack is probably the biggest future problem with the Karma. A123 (B456) supplies (supplied?) a very similar BCM to BMW (Activehybrid). I am not sure if the hardware connector is the same though.
Wanxiang just spent $250M to buy A123. So the question is whether they would be willing/find it profitable to supply replacement modules for the Karma battery pack.

My understanding is that while originally the warranty replacement for defective A123 Karma battery packs involved replacing the entire battery, that quickly morphed into diagnosing and replacing only the failed module.

Harleyguy/Lormax can you please confirm?

·
Registered
435 Posts
how about if the entire battery pack was changed? i was lucky to get this before delivery

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe it would be worth to send a letter to Wanxiang and ask if they will service / replace our batteries if needed. For sure we will pay for it. Hopefully they didn't forget about the Karma during the acquisition.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
We replaced only battery packs on cars that had a major failure of the battery pack.From what I understood all the battery packs were going to get replaced at some point.My personal feeling is if the battery pack hasn't failed yet more then likely the not it should be fine again personal feeling . Contacting B456 wouldn't hurt but I doubt they are going to replace the battery pack for free .

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I did not buy this car to not drive it. Since the installation of 510 software, my Karma has been working flawlessly for my daly 90-mile roundtrip commute. We have other cars but the Karma is my primary car and I intend to keep driving it as long as it is possible. Since I live in San Francisco, I have fairly limited garage and parking space and cannot own a fleet of cars for the pleasure of it, it is for the utility. The Karma gives me utility and it is a joy to drive and to behold.

·
Fisker Driver
79 Posts
I drive it every day. I've got other cars, but.. nothing comes close to driving the Karma. I've got over 10K on it and it still drives flawlessly.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i just had mine for the first A service, no problems:) and no arguing that i should pay for the service

1 - 15 of 15 Posts