Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received word that my Shadow EcoSport # 953 is finally on its way to the US of A!

Riding aboard the "Morning Composer" it is scheduled to arrive at the Port of Newark on January 11th.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Who do you guys talk to, to find out the ship that it is on. I want to call someone and find a definitive location of my car.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Don, good news. I'm thinking my car is on the same ship. K. Best way to get info is from the dealer. They have the most accurate info. Don, u can track the ship by googling it.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Don A said:
Just received word that my Shadow EcoSport # 953 is finally on its way to the US of A!

Riding aboard the "Morning Composer" it is scheduled to arrive at the Port of Newark on January 11th.
My White Sand/ Dune EcoSport #919 would be aboard too, if they're shipping in sequence. Hope I can get some kind of confirmation. My dealer has been rather nonspecific lately.

BillyO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gotten all of my information from Kristen Castro, a Fisker Customer Representative who contacted us a few months ago.

We had sent her an email on several occasions and she has been giving us regular status updates.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Don A, good, I have just yesterday requested a similar periodic update from Fisker Customer Service.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I've been watching Morning Composer. Its been sitting at anchor between the Netherlands and England for the past 24 hours. Merry Christmas Morning Composer! Can we get some toys delivered to Newark? Maybe you can post some pictures on facebook?

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Just confirmed that our car is on Morning Composer. Google "ship Morning Composer" and you'll see that its been sitting at anchor for 3 days now just north of the Netherlands. Lets get going Morning Composer, we're looking forward to seeing those beautiful cars! Merry Christmas by the way!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
So, I got my e-mail from Fisker Customer Relations. My car arrived in Newark 22 Dec and is awaiting inspection, software update, and battery replacement.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Morning Composer is finally "underway" north of the Netherlands. But interestingly has fallen off of the GPS tracking. U Boats have been reported in the area!

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Morning Composer currently in port in Zeebrugge in Belgium. Probably loading more material before it makes a run for the US.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Morning Composer now underway off the coast of France. 14 knots. Must be in stealth mode :)

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
So now I'm really concerned. Morning Composer has "lost contact" with its tracking system for 3 days now. I'm thinking U boats have finished off the boat and my car. :(

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Marinetraffic.com shows Morning Composer arriving in NY on the 13th and my dealer said it was due in port on the18th. Could this be the first incidence of being under-promised and over delivered?

BillyO

·
Registered
784 Posts
13th doesn't sound realistic. It takes quite a while to cross the Atlantic. And the ships always make a few stops first in Canada (Newfoundland) and northern US harbours.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
Here is the original schedule:

Port Country Arrival Departure
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 26/12/2011 30/12/2011
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 02/01/2012 02/01/2012
SOUTHAMPTON UK 03/01/2012 03/01/2012
NEW YORK, NY U.S.A. 11/01/2012 11/01/2012

Currently shows that it left Southampton 05/01 (two days late) and will arrive NY 13/01 (two days late). This one doesn't stop in Halifax.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
dennis said:
Currently shows that it left Southampton 05/01 (two days late) and will arrive NY 13/01 (two days late). This one doesn't stop in Halifax.
Let's hope that Fisker has the current backlog almost cleared before another 100+ cars get added to the back of the queue in four days. Presumably, the cars manufactured after Dec 22 are equipped with the new battery pack which should make this quicker, but they still need to be updated with new software.

-- Fab.

·
Registered
784 Posts
dennis said:
That doesn't quite correspond with the report that it was off the coast of France on January 7th.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's sailing on Fisker time... We should make commemorative watches that are geared to move at 1/2 speed, with dial indicators that go blank and communicate nothing 75% of the time...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts