Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So, I'm in touch with someone that has the capability of doing a couple services that I can't. I just don't have the tools.

First of all, this person can reprogram keys. They also have new keys (FOB only, no metal key parts) in case someone loses one. TECHNICALLY I have this capability, but it's very temperamental about actually working, that I only even attempt it in dire circumstances. With this individual, that fear is gone. I don't know how many keys they have, and there is still a limit of only 2 keys per car.

The more exciting is that they can also give your Standard trim Karma navigation and rear view camera functionality. Yes, you'll still need to source a camera.

Both of these require the whole car to be present. For pricing, shoot me a PM. For anyone outside of Southern Cali, travel is possible to come take care of your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Are you referring to Hybrid Support Solutions? Also would be interested in performance enhancements to utilize the full 403hp of the Karma.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There are us East coast owner's that might need help as well at some point in the future - perhaps a 'service' date at a centralized location could allow multiple people to access the services of the technician and share costs.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you referring to Hybrid Support Solutions? Also would be interested in performance enhancements to utilize the full 403hp of the Karma.
No, they are not associated with HSS. Purely independent/individual basis.

There are us East coast owner's that might need help as well at some point in the future - perhaps a 'service' date at a centralized location could allow multiple people to access the services of the technician and share costs.

That sounds great as well, I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

·
Registered
859 Posts
as a nj fisker owner, would definitely be interested in sharing the cost of flying out a fisker tech to do maintenance.
An Idea for Formally Utilizing Our Fisker Experts

Like Fisker, the Mooney Aircraft Co. no longer manufactures Mooneys and hasn't done so for several years. For those of you who think a Mooney is a karma cultist who hangs around an airport banging on a tambourine, singing Hare Krishna and asking for money, check this out:

http://www.mooney.com/index.php. (Note that this website is 3 years old.)

To keep 4000 high-tech aircraft flying, an organization called the Mooney Aircraft Pilot's Association (MAPA) provides traveling "Maintenance Clinics." These clinics do not substitute for a owner's regular maintenance shop; their purpose is to provide educational information about service and maintenance from someone who knows these machines inside and out. The expert will also take a ride with individuals and assist in troubleshooting problems.

Here's an example of an upcoming clinic in June:

June 22-23: Mooney Maintenance Clinic led by Jerry Manthey at Santa Maria, CA (KSMX), $243.50 for non-MAPA members ($199 for MAPA members). Includes lunch and covers all Mooney models. To register, contact MAPA, (210) 525-8008.

Similarly, it should make financial sense for our Fisker experts to host "Maintenance Clinics" for groups of owners, rather than flying out to meet with just one or two.

The problem with this idea - which may be insurmountable at the moment - is how would these Fisker owners be notified about a clinic? I don't have a clue.

Anyway . . . food for thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts