Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there ANYTHING that Fisker can give a straight answer about?

Today, I asked them if I could get a list of the tour dates somewhere (not on their website, etc.). They told me to ask my dealer when it was. Then, I said, well I'd like to see when others are, so I can see which one(s) I might be able to attend.

And their response is:

"These events are very specific to our retailers... Each of them will be able to answer the specific questions about dates and availability..."

Really? Is it that hard? Do they not know when they'll be at each dealer? The lack of organization and communication with this company is really driving me bonkers. It's like the local mechanic that may not be the most well-spoken, but can get the car fixed better than anybody...Man, at least I hope they can "get the car fixed better than anybody..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bmccartney95 said:
what dealer did you order thru? I assume the dealer gave you your production date.
Yep, they gave me my production date. I ordered through the dealer in Massachusetts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
metalica23 said:
Is there ANYTHING that Fisker can give a straight answer about?

Today, I asked them if I could get a list of the tour dates somewhere (not on their website, etc.). They told me to ask my dealer when it was. Then, I said, well I'd like to see when others are, so I can see which one(s) I might be able to attend.

And their response is:

"These events are very specific to our retailers... Each of them will be able to answer the specific questions about dates and availability..."

Really? Is it that hard? Do they not know when they'll be at each dealer? The lack of organization and communication with this company is really driving me bonkers. It's like the local mechanic that may not be the most well-spoken, but can get the car fixed better than anybody...Man, at least I hope they can "get the car fixed better than anybody..."
That's just discourteous at best. When I attended the Road Show in Dallas the hostess was sharing where they had been as well as where they were headed without hesitation.
As to your production date. I ordered 3 years ago and my production date is only 2 weeks before yours. I guess many of the pre-orders have not been firmed up awaiting the test drives etc. My order # is just over 1000. Anticipated production date Sept 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
i would bet that is because the person running fisker's facebook page has a page of standard answers that he or she can post with probably less information that each person on here already has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BillyO said:
As to your production date. I ordered 3 years ago and my production date is only 2 weeks before yours. I guess many of the pre-orders have not been firmed up awaiting the test drives etc. My order # is just over 1000. Anticipated production date Sept 1.
Yeah, I don't have any concerns on the production date. Not sure why that topic came up. My deposit was placed Jan 2010. I think part of the key is that each dealership is getting some cars, So, I may very well be higher up the food chain at my dealership just due to lack of depositors compared to your dealership...

I can imagine that it might just be an intern running the FB page. But, really? There isn't a sticky somewhere with the tour dates? On top of that, why isn't it simply spelled out on Fisker's web page? My only theory is they are afraid to disappoint, if something happens to the cars and they have to cancel a date. I can't think of any other logical reason to not disseminate information that is already available (through tedious means...). There's dealers in CT, NY, NJ, PA, and DE. I don't want to go calling all these dealers to find out their dates...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,661 Posts
BillyO said:
That's just discourteous at best. When I attended the Road Show in Dallas the hostess was sharing where they had been as well as where they were headed without hesitation.
I am not a huge fan of Fisker's (ironically named) communications department, but I think they deserve a small break on this one. As I understand it, this tour was specifically set up for deposit holders, and in order to avoid the rush of other folks who may be interested, but not necessarily invested, in a Fisker, your dealer had to invite you to the event before you could attend. Since Fisker transferred the order taking and tracking responsibility to the dealers a while back, it is natural for the dealers to be organizing the tour and keeping track of who could attend. Now it would be nice for Fisker to be flexible enough to deal with the few exceptions gracefully, but that's not really their strongest suit at the moment. And honestly I don't see why the tour's schedule is a state secret.

So I guess Fisker does not know where their own road show is going and when, or they are so concerned about all the lookey-loos showing up that they are limiting the dissemination of the information. Or, you just got unlucky and ended up talking to the guy who had just been hired the day before and had no idea what was going. on.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a fair point about the "only depositors" and I do have my "appointment". Although, I would think that you'd want as much press as you can get. I mean they're trying to build a brand and some excitement about the car, I would hope. Hard to do that with the current M.O. ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
As previously mentioned the events are focused on our deposit holders out of respect for their passion for the Fisker Karma. That said for the month of September we will be at the following locations. Please contact your Fisker Retailer to arrange a specific time for a showing / drive.

Fisker Palm Beach 1,2
Fisker Miami 3,4
Fisker of Winston-Salem 7
Fisker of Washington, DC 9
Fisker of Fairfax 10
Fisker of Wilmington 12
Fisker of Philadelphia 13,14
Fisker of Bergen 15,16
Fisker of Great Neck 17-19
Fisker of Greenwich 21, 22
Fisker of Norwood 24
Fisker of Rochester 27
Fisker of Toronto 29

David Harris Fisker Automotive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
Hey David, I understand and appreciate Fisker's desire to focus on the deposit holders, but it seems to me that a huge marketing opportunity was missed - at least here in Austin. There is a pretty large and active Electric Vehicle group here which is comprised of people who own EV's and who are building their own. It ends up none of them knew about the Roadshow until after I posted a link to my video on their forum. Needless to say, a lot of these folks who were Fisker's primary target customers were very disappointed that they missed it and had no idea that it was happening.

Also, I was surprised that the local press wasn't invited (as far as I know). Austin is supposedly one of the "greenest" cities in the country with a very affluent and environmentally conscious population, so a little free PR from the local news stations would have gone a long way.

-Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
brian said:
Hey David, I understand and appreciate Fisker's desire to focus on the deposit holders, but it seems to me that a huge marketing opportunity was missed - at least here in Austin. There is a pretty large and active Electric Vehicle group here which is comprised of people who own EV's and who are building their own. It ends up none of them knew about the Roadshow until after I posted a link to my video on their forum. Needless to say, a lot of these folks who were Fisker's primary target customers were very disappointed that they missed it and had no idea that it was happening.

Also, I was surprised that the local press wasn't invited (as far as I know). Austin is supposedly one of the "greenest" cities in the country with a very affluent and environmentally conscious population, so a little free PR from the local news stations would have gone a long way.

-Brian
Brian, I understand and appreciate your perspective. Fisker has and will be conducting dedicated press events. For the roadshow our goal was to provide our deposit holders and prospects as decided by each retailer with a Karma experience. When we start layering in press or other audiences we start to make this a much bigger event. The team that is executing the Pure Driving Passion Road Show is agile and fast... They are adapting to changes in the weather and where possible accommodating requests from our retailers.

David Harris Fisker Automotive.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top