Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the dealers have been offering tons of after-market upgrades link window tinting and scotch guard for the leather and exterior. Anyone get this stuff? Thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
They didn't offer me anything when I picked up the car, but I've been wondering if the clear bra would be a good idea for the front.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
brian said:
They didn't offer me anything when I picked up the car, but I've been wondering if the clear bra would be a good idea for the front.

-Brian
What exactly is a clear bra? Not familiar with this product.

-- Fab.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Fabulist said:
What exactly is a clear bra? Not familiar with this product.
-- Fab.
Fab,

There are several "Clear Bra" products on the market. Here's one:
http://www.getclearbra.com/

In short, it is a custom-fitted transparent plastic film applied to the nose of the car. It's virtually invisible, but claims to greatly help protect your paint againt rock chips, bugs and debris. I've never used it personally but I have several friends who swear by it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
Fabulist said:
What exactly is a clear bra? Not familiar with this product.
-- Fab.
Fab,

There are several "Clear Bra" products on the market. Here's one:
http://www.getclearbra.com/

In short, it is a custom-fitted transparent plastic film applied to the nose of the car. It's virtually invisible, but claims to greatly help protect your paint againt rock chips, bugs and debris. I've never used it personally but I have several friends who swear by it.
Does it work with the "DiamondDust" water-based paint?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
LonePalmBJ said:
There are several "Clear Bra" products on the market. Here's one:
http://www.getclearbra.com/

In short, it is a custom-fitted transparent plastic film applied to the nose of the car. It's virtually invisible, but claims to greatly help protect your paint againt rock chips, bugs and debris. I've never used it personally but I have several friends who swear by it.
Thanks for the explanation. I would be very reluctant to adhere anything to the factory paint on this car, particularly since it is a newer formulation and is water-based, etc.

-- Fab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
I've got the stuff on my Aston, and it does work, but I don't think I'll be putting it on the Karma because the curvy nature of the front of the car is going to make it really hard to do a good job getting it on without wrinkles.

-Brian
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Here's a pic being advertised on the Fisker of Seattle facebook page of another Clear Bra-style product:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LonePalmBJ said:
Here's a pic being advertised on the Fisker of Seattle facebook page of another Clear Bra-style product:

Fisker OC also offering that as well. Doubt I'll get it. Only thing I'm considering is Lo Jack and window tint...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34 Posts
Did they quote you a price for the clear bra? When I picked up my car they didn't have firm pricing but did have a demo car that was done up. Full front, side mirrors and rear bumper (i think). It looked great and becasue they did the full hood it was very clean with no lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
The Karma is a pretty large car, but for smaller sports cars it's like $350-$600 depending on what you get done. I've seen people use it on their hood, and that's always a bad idea. It creates a visible seam in the middle of the hood, and the seam looks worse than any rock dings ever would, plus it yellows as it gets old, so if you have a light colored car it's a bad idea.

I've had it on my Aston for 2 1/2 years and it needs to be replaced - too many rocks embedded in it which I can't seem to remove.

-Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
Fisker Silicon Valley is also offering the clear bra. Sounds like it will be the same type of installation as Seattle. It is being applied by: http://eliteautofilms.com/index.html I saw it on a Karma and it looks very good. I also saw them applying it to a McLaren. They said it takes about 9 hours to do a Karma and it costs $2,500.00 through Fisker Silicon Valley.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
744 Posts
Uh, my protection software is calling that: http://eliteautofilms.com/index.html website a known bad website. Not sure it is because you put the period in the hyperlink or not.
 

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
marswill said:
Fisker Silicon Valley is also offering the clear bra. Sounds like it will be the same type of installation as Seattle. It is being applied by: http://eliteautofilms.com/index.html. I saw it on a Karma and it looks very good. I also saw them applying it to a McLaren. They said it takes about 9 hours to do a Karma and it costs $2,500.00 through Fisker Silicon Valley.
I also viewed it on several cars at Fisker Silicon Valley. I agree that it looks good and it is very hard to discern that the film has been applied. I plan to have it installed on my car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
353 Posts
I removed the "." at the end of the URL and confirmed that it works correctly now.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top