Fisker Buzz Forums banner

SCHNEIDER EV2430WS

7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Sigurd 
#1 ·
Finally got my 220volt charger installed. I went with the Schneider over the GE due to the high number of positive reviews.

Nice simple compact unit. I had this installed in my loading dock at my office. When I arrived at work my gauge was showing 34 miles of range left....it only took 1.5 hours to fully charge....this would have been a 4-5 hour charge before with the 120v. unit.

It was pulling 15.8 amps while charging so I guess the Karma can't take full advantage of the 30 amp rating on the unit.

Again I purchased this from Home depot for 749.00 with free shipping.....I'm very happy with it.

Installation pictures attached.
[attachment=29]
[attachment=30]
[attachment=31]
[attachment=32]
[attachment=33]

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Fabulist said:
Grebechini said:
Just Spoke to my dealer...the Karma can pull 20 Amp max.
That's probably peak current (when the charging starts) but the sustained charging draw is 16 Amps.
Would a higher current draw deplete long-term battery life/durability? Not familiar with the A123 chemistry but I presume Fisker didn't just opt for that cap on current because the on-board hardware would cost more...

#6 ·
SoCalGuy said:
Fabulist said:
Grebechini said:
Just Spoke to my dealer...the Karma can pull 20 Amp max.
That's probably peak current (when the charging starts) but the sustained charging draw is 16 Amps.
Would a higher current draw deplete long-term battery life/durability? Not familiar with the A123 chemistry but I presume Fisker didn't just opt for that cap on current because the on-board hardware would cost more...
This is not my technical area, but from the discussions in this forum, I have learned that there is an inverse relationship between how fast you drain or charge a battery and how long the battery continues to be effective for your application. This has to do with a lot of details like thermal characteristics of the chemical reactions that take place inside the battery.

Fisker appears to have opted to be very conservative with charging/discharging rate in order to maximize battery life over performance. As this technology is used more and more and we get better data on its longevity, it may become apparent that we could gain more performance without significantly impacting battery life by allowing faster charging and discharging of the battery.

#7 ·
Guy's-- WoJo pointed out an error I made...cost was $799 not $749. Looks like Home Depot just raised the price to $899.00....but Lowes still has it for the $799.00.

Good news is I am SO pleased with it, it's unbelievable that it charges so fast. I can't wait to get one installed at home. This is the way to go :D

#10 ·
Just ordered my Schneider from Home Depot. $799 +tax. Free shipping. Already have the 220 outlet installed in two garages. Can't wait to see how much quicker it will charge my car over the 110 supplied one. Decided against the Lear after Brian's story.
Cheers,

#12 ·
I think it's intended to be hardwired, but since I have two possible garages and since I had the electrician at my house working on my pool equipment, I had him put in a 220 outlet similar to the one I already had for a possible car lift in the tall garage. I will now have him install a plug to use. This is probably not a normal installation but one used in the pictures at the beginning of this thread.
Cheers,

#13 ·
Hi I asked Fisker about your charger and this was their response:

"In specific to the Schneider Electric Vehicle Charging Station there is an anomaly within the Schneider software that creates a timing error. This may cause the charge to stop by timing out. Our engineers have recognized this concern with the Schneider charger and are working on a software fix to make it fully compatible with the Karma."

Have you had any troubles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.