Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last call for anyone who needs remote diagnosis in CA before the scan tool heads back east. Its making a couple more stops so pm me if you need it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Last call for anyone who needs remote diagnosis in CA before the scan tool heads back east. Its making a couple more stops so pm me if you need it.
This is not about Joe's scan tool. I have a "Dash Command" scan tool that I use to read some codes . My "CEL" has been on for a while but the car is running just fine. I cannot turn the scan tool on and have checked the fuse (no. 15) and it is fine. When I boot the 'Dash Command' app on my I-phone, it will not connect. When I press the button on the Dash Command, it does not activate no matter what the status of the Karma is: on/ off/ access.
Any suggestions or is this a "dead" Dash Command unit? Txs

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
This is not about Joe's scan tool. I have a "Dash Command" scan tool that I use to read some codes . My "CEL" has been on for a while but the car is running just fine. I cannot turn the scan tool on and have checked the fuse (no. 15) and it is fine. When I boot the 'Dash Command' app on my I-phone, it will not connect. When I press the button on the Dash Command, it does not activate no matter what the status of the Karma is: on/ off/ access.
Any suggestions or is this a "dead" Dash Command unit? Txs
This is pretty basic, but have you tried unplugging and replugging the scanner from/to the OBDII port? It may just need to be rebooted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is pretty basic, but have you tried unplugging and replugging the scanner from/to the OBDII port? It may just need to be rebooted.
txs Fab. Did try that but no difference. When i press the "button", I do not get any red light going on although I thought it activated with the car being started. Txs

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
txs Fab. Did try that but no difference. When i press the "button", I do not get any red light going on although I thought it activated with the car being started. Txs
Also pretty basic, but have you tried plugging the same scanner into one of your other cars to see if the problem follows the scanner or if it is with the Fisker? That should help you isolate the source of the problem.

Sorry if this is too obvious and you have already tried it. Years of running customer service organizations has ingrained the problem isolation protocols in my brain and can't get away from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts