Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soon getting my karma. Gonna put xpel on the whole car.
Since we have rough winters with salt on the roads i was thinking of
putting on a anti rust threatment under the car.

is this a waste of money or are there parts that can rust?

·
Registered
223 Posts
"Rust-proof undercoating!" (from Fargo, a great movie, if somewhat unkind to our friends in the north).

No, I don't have anything substantive to say about rust proofing the Karma... except I've seen the underside on a lift and it's smooth and looks completely armored (like the surface of the Death Star), so my *speculation* is that no rust-proofing is needed.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
drliu said:
"Rust-proof undercoating!" (from Fargo, a great movie, if somewhat unkind to our friends in the north).

No, I don't have anything substantive to say about rust proofing the Karma... except I've seen the underside on a lift and it's smooth and looks completely armored (like the surface of the Death Star), so my *speculation* is that no rust-proofing is needed.
The Karma is made mostly from Aluminium, which does oxidate but does not rust. I don't know if the undercoating is really necessary or even effective on non-ferros material.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I'd definitely get it undercoated if the frame was made by Svenskhydro, but since it's made by Norskhydro you have nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Michael said:
I am soon getting my karma. Gonna put xpel on the whole car.
Congratulations and good call! I am really glad I put it on my whole car. Mine went straight from the dealer to the xpel installer. The "wax" that xpel reccomends is a terrific product; it is specifically made for xpel and besides whatever else it is supposed to do, it reduces the amount of dust that the car picks up by half.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found this product called Fluidfilm. http://www.fluid-film.com/. I have used it on my winter cars for several years now with great success. It penetrates, is environmentally friendly and works well. My installer sprays the door jambs annd suspension components and under hood. It has no strong odor or V.O.C.'s. It does however tend to be sticky and will attract some dirt. It also can be cleaned off as it is not permanent but won't dissolve in rainwater or salt water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts