Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I just drove by the Palo Alto Fisker/McLaren dealer. All the Fisker signs, including the big logo in front, have been covered over by a Volvo banner. I didn't see any Fiskers in the front lot (there used to be a row of them); don't know what they have in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
RIP. From one skibum to another. I'm still loving my Karma. I have pegged the 409 mpg for over the last 2000 miles and enjoy every minute of it. After a year and a half of ownership, there isn't a car I'd rather drive that's in this price range. Especially now.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
They still have 8-10 Karmas for sale in the back and are continuing to provide Fisker service but no warranty work.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
If they have cars for sale, why would they take down the signage?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Continuing to provide service is about as much as can be reasonably expected of them, I think. The situation at Fisker Corporate has been in limbo for months and sales have been at a crawl for even more months. At the end of the day, they need to do what makes sense for their business.

It is a shame though. I remember the excitement when that location was going to become a Fisker dealership.

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=18175
http://media1.communitymediacenter.net/qtmedia/Media/PaloAlto/2010/09/PAARB_091610_c_300k.mp4

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
I'm ready to expand into Northern Cali if needed :)
I am working on a Lormax bat-light now, so keep an eye on the skies in Northern California for the signal. :D

·
1,217 Posts
I'm ready to expand into Northern Cali if needed :)
I just had my Karma serviced at Fisker Silicon Valley last week. 10K service, 4 new tires, curb rash fixed on 2 wheels, minor clear bra replaced, small break in rear valence repaired and front fascia supports installed to fix the panel gap by the headlights. She looks like new, ready for another 10K miles. :thumbup:

The 2 mechanics are cross trained on Fisker and McLaren, so Fisker SV is continuing to provide Karma service (but no warranty). With about 75 cars delivered, they have encountered most Karma issues and seem quite adept at fixing them.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Curious, what is experience with tire replacement. I have 6m miles, and significant wear, but good tread in center. Can tires be rotated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Curious, what is experience with tire replacement. I have 6m miles, and significant wear, but good tread in center. Can tires be rotated.
Front and back tires are asymmetric. They should be replaced in pairs. The owner's manual (Chapter 8.4) also recommends rebalancing and re-alignment.

As far as rotation goes, L&R front-to-front and back-to-back will work, but you still might have to rebalance and re-align them.

Here is the Owner's Manual:

http://www.mediafire.com/?i267u3rmjkc3wok

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tire wear on the outer edges is normal, the tire is designed that way. Worry about the meat in the center of the tire, and go by the wear bars. Of course it depends on your driving habits, but I'm recommending 20k miles for tire replacement.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Tire wear on the outer edges is normal, the tire is designed that way. Worry about the meat in the center of the tire, and go by the wear bars. Of course it depends on your driving habits, but I'm recommending 20k miles for tire replacement.
20K miles? Most are lucky to get 10k out of them

·
1,217 Posts
At 10K miles of spirited driving, I still had a couple of 32nds of tire to the wear bars in the center contact patch, but I didn't like the way the tires squirmed on slow sharp turns when the road surface was wet (e.g. in parking lots). I decided to replace them a few months early in advance of the fall rainy season here in CA.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I literally just left a car with 16,5XX miles about 2 hours ago, and there's still plenty of tread to last until 20k and be quite safe. During my time at Fisker of OC, we recommended to customers to get their tires done between 18k and 22k, just depending on when the car showed up. We had one customer that had to tow his car in at 28k because he wore through the core on the rear tires.

Yeah, the engineers and whomever else went through tires like crazy at HQ. They also didn't own the car, thus I doubt they treated the car like they owned it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
At 10K miles of spirited driving, I still had a couple of 32nds of tire to the wear bars in the center contact patch, but I didn't like the way the tires squirmed on slow sharp turns when the road surface was wet (e.g. in parking lots). I decided to replace them a few months early in advance of the fall rainy season here in CA.
You bring up a good point. If living outside of Southern* CA where rainfall is normal I would replace them earlier before they hit the wear bars. The summer tires are junk in the rain even if they are brand new.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Also understand that driving habits and maintenance of the tires dictates what kind of mileage you get out of a set of tires . And believe or not certain states add shale to the asphalt when they repave the roads which reduces the tires life .

·
Registered
261 Posts
will rotating the tires at 6m miles add to tire life, and if so how much based on normal driving habits?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts