Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
OG Karma - Earth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've read similar issues to what I now have...I replaced my 12V and now have power and everything working normal except when I need to start the car. No start/stop button functionality, no entertainment screen power. Press brake button light on the dash comes on for about 10 seconds, that's it.
I've seen from old threads that @FiskerPhilly or @Harleyguy could potentially have a solution related to a re-flash of the VCM? I'm not an educated car mechanic so please excuse my ignorance ;) Thanks for any help. I'm an original owner and am now up in Canada, nowhere near any service shops.
-Andrew Ference

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have similar issue—— I Get Some dash lights but nothing more is it the VCM needing to be reflashed? What works- keys, trunk, head lights, hazards, dome lights. What doesn’t work- start, windows, command center, engine. Is there any way to check that system Remotely- I‘m not close to a Fisker service center (trying to keep this one alive only 35,000 miles) Help.

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
Hello, I have similar issue—— I Get Some dash lights but nothing more is it the VCM needing to be reflashed? What works- keys, trunk, head lights, hazards, dome lights. What doesn’t work- start, windows, command center, engine. Is there any way to check that system Remotely- I‘m not close to a Fisker service center (trying to keep this one alive only 35,000 miles) Help.
Where are you located

·
Registered
OG Karma - Earth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My update.... @FiskerPhilly was a critical help and got me back up and running. I unplugged the main power cord under the hood (the one that resets the car) and removed my VCM from the driver's side area beyond where your left knee would be while driving. It's the black box that is bolted in there and has a bunch of different wires plugged in. Joe sent me a walkthrough with pictures of where it is, etc. I removed each group of wires individually and marked them with Lettered tape pieces to insure proper replacement on the way in. I have a new appreciation for working with tiny spaces in cars! Sent VCM and both key fobs down to Joe, he did his thing with the laptop and reprogramming them and when I got it back I just did the reverse of taking it out. Worked like a charm. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Huge kudos to Joe (@FiskerPhilly). I love it when he works magic like this!!!! I honestly don’t know what we would do without him!!!! Thanks for posting this Ference! Joe, you ROCK!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts