Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My point is,
It is in my garage after four years of waiting. Everyone tells me how awesome looking it is, and it is only going to get better. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
RE: Fisker running low on cash?

I'm jealous Kabalah70. Mine has now been at Frank Kent Fisker for 3 weeks and 2 days. Interestingly, it didn't have any major issues when they picked it up. They still can't give me a date for when I can get it back, and it doesn't sound good, I drove my car for just 2 weeks since I got it in December.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I am curious if running it with glitches causes permanent damage, in that they become more prevalent in frequency and diversity? I certainly hope not and I certainly don't think this is the case. I think in many cases I just got lucky with a well put together car.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts

Sigurd said:
I'm jealous Kabalah70. Mine has now been at Frank Kent Fisker for 3 weeks and 2 days. Interestingly, it didn't have any major issues when they picked it up. They still can't give me a date for when I can get it back, and it doesn't sound good, I drove my car for just 2 weeks since I got it in December.
Sigurd, has your dealer had the area tech rep or someone else from HQ come to Fort Worth and work on your car? I spent some time talking to the West Coast guy when he was at my dealership to help install 6.13. I was impressed with his knowledge of the car. Sending an expert from HQ is the least they can do given your situation.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Sigurd said:
Are they giving you any reasons for why it's taking so long, or what is wrong with your car, and why they can't release it to you? That sounds very strange. You might get it back sooner if you demand a loaner Karma until yours is returned. :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

My car went in January 16th to get the battery recall and the ground strap done. And, to do the software update. It was supposed to be a quick repair so I didn't ask for a loaner (Big Mistake!). Thursday eve they called me to tell me that the car was ready, but Fisker was about to release 6.13 that eve so if I wanted to wait a day, then I would have that. I agreed. Then they called me to tell me the release had been postponed and they would install it Monday. Then they called and said they were getting check engine light and codes they had to sort out. A week later they said they had trouble finding the knocking sound from around the back woofer (that I had told them about on my list I supplied at the time they picked up the car). Then they told me the car was ready last Friday. They brought the car on Saturday and it was making a loud clicking sound as the tow truck operator was backing it off the flatbed. I got in it and it had a message to the effect: Parking brake malfunction. And, it had a check engine light still. I called Frank Kent Fisker and asked if I could somehow reset the check engine light and they said no, so I sent the car back. They did nothing with it until yesterday. I am getting pissed now. I called both the sales guy and the service people and I called the Fisker number D. Harris had supplied here. The service manager called me last night around 7pm and told me they had pulled the codes the car had thrown and was communicating with Fisker. He also said the clicking sound might be a rear end problem. I can only imagine how long that would take to procure and install. And, do I really want a car that after assembly has been picked apart in Ft. Worth and reassembled. The likelihood that the mechanic ever has done this repair on a Fisker is slim to none. I'm losing confidence in my car. Not because how it performed while I drove it, but what has happened to it since the dealer got a hold of it.
I think they should at least give me a Karma demo to drive until they get my car right. Or, they can buy it back. I'm happy with either option.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Wow, that sucks royally. You must be beyond pissed off at this point. The mood here has definitely been going downhill lately, and that's upsetting to all. These problems that everyone is having really need to get taken care of ASAP to get Fisker back on track.

I'm amazed that with all of the press stories about the Karma nobody has mentioned anything about the major software malfunctions that are plaguing us. I guess the press is unaware of what's going on, and they only talk about things that Fisker sends out press releases on. To me, the nonfunctioning software is a much bigger story than the DoE funding or anything else.

-Brian

·
Registered
197 Posts

Sigurd, I feel you man. I will bring my car in again this week for 6.14, which Fisker said will fix some of the major problems. Wish me luck, and knock on all sunken woods. I hope you get your car back in optimal shape soon.

·
Registered
216 Posts

Sigurd said:
I think they should at least give me a Karma demo to drive...
I agree. And I bet they (Ft.Worth) would place a higher priority on your car if you're putting miles on one of their cars! Funny how that changes things.

·
1,217 Posts

Sigurd said:
And, do I really want a car that after assembly has been picked apart in Ft. Worth and reassembled. The likelihood that the mechanic ever has done this repair on a Fisker is slim to none. I'm losing confidence in my car. Not because how it performed while I drove it, but what has happened to it since the dealer got a hold of it.
I think they should at least give me a Karma demo to drive until they get my car right. Or, they can buy it back. I'm happy with either option.
Sigurd,

I'd like to suggest again that you insist that the dealer get the regional tech rep to come to Ft. Worth to inspect, diagnosis and supervise any "first time" repairs to your car. If the dealer does not agree with this approach, you can escalate with HQ Consumer Affairs (855 575 7577).

- Dennis

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You guys are starting to scare me with this. :s I have had my car for 10 days now and despite some annoying issues, it has been running very well. The dealer wants me to bring the car back to take care of some these issues while I will be out of town all next week. I am concerned about whether I am going to get the car back at the end of the week.

None of my problems have been show-stoppers, except for the "Parking System Error" that makes the car undriveable. Is @Sigurd's experience unique or are there others who have been deprived of the use of their cars for long periods of time?

-- Fab.

·
1,217 Posts
Fabulist said:
You guys are starting to scare me with this. :s I have had my car for 10 days now and despite some annoying issues, it has been running very well. The dealer wants me to bring the car back to take care of some these issues while I will be out of town all next week. I am concerned about whether I am going to get the car back at the end of the week.

None of my problems have been show-stoppers, except for the "Parking System Error" that makes the car undriveable. Is @Sigurd's experience unique or are there others who have been deprived of the use of their cars for long periods of time?

-- Fab.
I've had my car at Fisker Silicon Valley twice. The first time was for a day to install 6.13 and address the exhaust heat shield buzzing and the 2nd time for an hour to install 6.13.5. It always came back better than it went in.

I trust the mechanics there - they appear to know what they are doing. Fisker Marin is also owned by the Price Family, so I would assume their mechanics are equally trained/capable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fabulist said:

-- Fab.
I'll second what Dennis says. I've had my Karma in to Fisker Silicon Valley twice now and both times the car came back running better, and they delivered when they promised (each upgrade took app 1/2 day). Every time I talk to them they seem to know what they are talking about and are very candid about the issues.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Skibum said:
Fabulist said:

-- Fab.
I'll second what Dennis says. I've had my Karma in to Fisker Silicon Valley twice now and both times the car came back running better, and they delivered when they promised (each upgrade took app 1/2 day). Every time I talk to them they seem to know what they are talking about and are very candid about the issues.
Thank you @Dennis and @Skibum. I will let them take the car on Monday and hope to come back to a better running and less buggy car.

-- Fab.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

dennis said:
HQ Consumer Affairs (855 575 7577).

- Dennis
This is the magic number to call. I have received more updates and apologies in the last 2 days than in the entire 3 weeks preceding. And, I must say I wish I had called Fisker Consumer Affairs weeks ago. It really felt like I had an advocate on my side. Ida, my contact person, called me back with updates several times as promised and did everything I asked of her plus a lot more. She gave me her direct line and got things done. My dealer have called me several times now with updates and I think they finally spent some time on the car because they have now completed and tested my car and it is now awaiting 6.14 update tomorrow. So, I'll cross my fingers and hope that I will get my car as promised on Friday.
Cheers,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts