Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have a project idea but I want to be sure I'm not going to ruin my car before I go any further.

How involved is it to remove the plastic battery window/cover thing? I have a 3D printer and I think it'd be neat to 3D print a tray that would go in there. I see the plastic goes all the way to the center console but the whole thing should fit on my print bed.

Any tips before I go willy nilly with a putty knife?

·
Liked, but not well liked
1,172 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have a project idea but I want to be sure I'm not going to ruin my car before I go any further.

How involved is it to remove the plastic battery window/cover thing? I have a 3D printer and I think it'd be neat to 3D print a tray that would go in there. I see the plastic goes all the way to the center console but the whole thing should fit on my print bed.

Any tips before I go willy nilly with a putty knife?
See this thread.

http://www.fiskerbuzz.com/forums/27...glass-replacement-inserts-just-like-my14.html

The glass is part of the housing. If you have access to an injection molding machine I can try to help with a mold. Previously made a few out of fiberglass but the fit and finish required too much work for a class A surface.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so it looks like to get the window off, I'll need to remove basically the whole front center console. What's the proper way of doing this without breaking anything? I noticed what looks like 2 circular pins near the handle when you open up the center console. Should I pry those up? Just makes me nervous because I don't want to break something and then be SOL.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't bother - I had the same idea 2 years ago, took the entire console and tunnel apart to get to the part to remove the plexi. only to realize you will probably break the whole part trying to get the plexi off, so I left well enough alone and put it back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts