Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got my car last week and i need to register my Karma here in the state of California, only problem is that the check engine light is on and i'm not quite sure if the Karma needs a smog check??? obviously if it has the check engine light on then the test will fail..

At this point my car has no plates/registration, it's from out of state. I gotta register this car!!

Thanks guys!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,077 Posts
You can try doing a hard reset and keep your fingers crossed the light goes out. If not find a shop that can try reading the codes and resetting the check engine light that way . If those attempts fail you will need to find a local CSP that can read the codes .

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Hey guys,

I just got my car last week and i need to register my Karma here in the state of California, only problem is that the check engine light is on and i'm not quite sure if the Karma needs a smog check??? obviously if it has the check engine light on then the test will fail..

At this point my car has no plates/registration, it's from out of state. I gotta register this car!!

Thanks guys!! :)
I bought mine in California 4 years ago and the state of California has never required a smog check for me to renew my registration. Was the car previously registered in another state?

You could most likely reset the MIL/CEL using a simple OBDII reader. You will lose all the data, but you can turn the light off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts