Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For maximum transparency to our valued community, I must disclose that the thread "Random Notes from Fisker Investor call on 6/27/12" had to be taken down after we received formal requests from both Fisker Automotive and Advanced Equities. The thread violated a non-disclosure agreement.

Thanks to all who participate in our community.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I agree on that request by Fisker and decision by Wimbledon. It's nice for us as Fisker-enthusiasts to know these kind of facts, but outside of the Fisker community there are people who will use this information to try and hurt Fisker, and EV's in general.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I think they were mad because I made the comparison to the ELR EREV <grin>. Well that is one of the comparison cars I'll make in a couple years for my next purchase. I really would like a more sporty car and the Atlantic looks great with reasonable performance. Not sure what they will be doing with the ELR. I'm plenty happy with my loaded 2011 Volt as far as features are concerned (nav, stereo, etc) so I'm looking at some more "sport".

·
Registered
854 Posts
That no competition in the EV-ER space statement was really rather perplexing. BMW has announced plug-in hybrid versions of their i cars and the Cadillac ELR is certainly competition.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Although I love the Cadillac ELR that I saw at the Detroit show in 2009, unless it has become a 4 door sedan, it is not in direct competition with the Karma for people like me. The problem we have right now is that there are such few EV or variations of them that we seem to compare any alternative car to the Karma. I have seen comparisons for the Karma to Volt. Aside from the how different the drivetrain is from most cars, what is the comparison? Who would compare the Cruize to the Panamera just because the have similar drivetrain layouts? Right now, the Karma is in a class of its own and people always want to compare it to something half its value. And I mean value. If you want to compare the Karma to anything, then it should be the Rapide or the Panamera, because that is the type of car it is. They might win in some categories, but I know I will win on price, looks (subjective) and milage.

·
EX:Shadow/Canyon #324
1,217 Posts
doug said:
That no competition in the EV-ER space statement was really rather perplexing. BMW has announced plug-in hybrid versions of their i cars and the Cadillac ELR is certainly competition.
From the BMW USA site: "the BMW i8 will be ready for series production by 2014".

The Cadillac ELR is also a 2014 model.

It is 2012. There really is no current competition for the Karma in the EVer space.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
doug said:
Maybe I'm oversensitive from all the Volt smashing from other "hybrid" forums. I read the notes that they didn't consider the drivetrain to be be "pure serial" in 100% of the cases so it was being looked down upon. Again perhaps I read too much into it. Before a recent weekend trip I had gone 2000 miles on 1 gallon of gas. eg. I drive an "EV" <grin>. Clicking on voltstats in my sig shows a graph of this.

BMW i3 will have a range extender option, BTW.

I agree currently there is no "extended range" mainly electric vehicles in the same price/class as the Karma. I was really thinking about the future and the Atlantic, which I'm quite interested in.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Please don't misunderstand me. I love the Volt. I recommend it to everybody that wants a Karma, but balk at the price. I believe the Volt is a perfect option for somebody that wants a Karma "like" experience at 1/3 or so the price. It is an awesome car. But, you can't get an Aston Martin at that price. If you want to drive an electric vehicle that looks like an Aston, then the Karma is your only choice.

·
Registered
784 Posts
scottf200 said:
I think they were mad because I made the comparison to the ELR EREV <grin>. Well that is one of the comparison cars I'll make in a couple years for my next purchase. I really would like a more sporty car and the Atlantic looks great with reasonable performance. Not sure what they will be doing with the ELR. I'm plenty happy with my loaded 2011 Volt as far as features are concerned (nav, stereo, etc) so I'm looking at some more "sport".
I think Wimbledon was referring to the (intentional) removal of a thread which disclosed information from Fiskers investor call, not to the (I presume unintentional) removal of your thread regarding EV versus EREV.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Dutch said:
scottf200 said:
I think Wimbledon was referring to the (intentional) removal of a thread which disclosed information from Fiskers investor call, not to the (I presume unintentional) removal of your thread regarding EV versus EREV.
scottf200 is referring the the investor call thread. Fisker claiming they have no competition was an item, Scott commented on it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I thought he actually referred to this, also deleted thread:

http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Thread-disappeared-completely

''About 1 week ago, I wrote a detailed article under the subject "Fisker Karma versus Tesla...or why EVERs will outlive EVs". Then, mid this week the entire thread suddently disappeard...Fabulist and Wimbledon confirmed to me that they did not merge or delete the thread. I definitely did not delete it. Has any of you had similar experiences?''

1 - 13 of 13 Posts