Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time this has happened to me in the last week. While driving in stealth mode, I ran the battery range down to 0 miles and the ICE did not kick in. I got the Reduced Performance Contact Service Center message and I was not able to switch from stealth to sport mode. I gradually lost power and ended up coasting to a stop. My CEL was on and was flashing and I had the red triangle with exclamation mark (driver alert). I shut everything down and let the car go to sleep. Upon starting up, the ICE started up immediately and I was able to drive home under ICE power. The battery range indicator showed 0 miles and the bar indicator was red. When I checked the OBD codes, I had a P0014 and a P0300. My code reader manual showed these to be engine misfire related.?? I've never had this happen before when using up all of my battery charge. Normally, the battery will run out to 0 miles then the ICE kicks in and I can continue driving on ICE power (even though the stealth/sport indicator did not show going into sport mode). Once I cleared the codes, the battery indicator still showed 0 miles but the bar indicator was white. I have not tried switching to sport mode prior to running out of battery but I've never had to do this before. By the way, I did do a hard reset after the last time this happened. Very frustrating. Any thoughts on battery problems, ICE problems, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So finally I had the same issue with my car two months ago your coupler is gone you need to replace it contact Harley guy this is a two day job the engine needs to be removed and the motors for the install you can reset the car and drive it for a bit it just keeps worsening if you don't replace it roughly 3200 incl labor to fix based on available garage and stuff

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Do you hear a loud rattle noise when ice kicks in ? What concerns me is the errors that show up on the cluster. Really need to get the car hooked up to a Fisker laptop .

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have one from NY in my shop now.yes coupler is bad. Throws misfire codes and shuts down ICE to protect gen. Software originally designed to do this to protect coupler if engine misfires it will damage coupler (we've had them explode before the sw was refined). The ironic thing is that when a coupler is worn or coming apart, it causes misfire codes.
Bottom line is it needs replacement. I'm doing this one next week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Reduced performance / CEL / diagnostics error 01 qdrive

Hi guys really need help - everything has been perfect with my karma until last night . I was driving in sport mode at 60 mph , suddenly got error 01 reduced performance. I lost sport mode and my range was really low 8 miles or so. CEL came on , I pulled over and charged the car for a while and did soft reset . Seemed to hold, but it came back this morning . I have not yet done a hard reset . Went to autozone and had them read the codes :

- P0AC4
- P1CC4
- P0A4C

Can some one help guide me to what this means and what if any steps I should be taking including brining this to the dealer. I am in the Chicago area so not sure about support ?

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you hear a loud rattle noise when ice kicks in ? What concerns me is the errors that show up on the cluster. Really need to get the car hooked up to a Fisker laptop .
Once the ICE started back up after sleep, I did notice that it seemed to run a little rougher than it normally does. Just FYI, before I got the reduced performance message, I had been driving the car in sport mode to conserve battery power. I decided to switch back to stealth and run out the battery to see if it would do the same thing that happend a couple of weeks ago. It did. When I was running in sport, the ICE seemed to be running smooth (didn't notice any loud noises when it kicked in). Any idea where the nearest Fisker laptop might be to the Houston area? Sewell Fisker abandoned us here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one from NY in my shop now.yes coupler is bad. Throws misfire codes and shuts down ICE to protect gen. Software originally designed to do this to protect coupler if engine misfires it will damage coupler (we've had them explode before the sw was refined). The ironic thing is that when a coupler is worn or coming apart, it causes misfire codes.
Bottom line is it needs replacement. I'm doing this one next week.
Do the misfire codes (and shutdown of ICE) show up only upon running the battery down to 0 and having the ICE kick in at that point? As I mentioned, I had been running the ICE earlier without any CEL or indication of a problem. Both times that I had the reduced performance message was when the battery drove out to 0 miles and the switch to ICE (or attempted switch to ICE) occurred. Should I not drive it as several suggest? I certainly don't want to do any major damage if the coupler is a "relatively easy" fix.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is possible you may need an inverter but could also be a wiring issue.
Best thing is to do a full diag on the vehicle and find out exactly whats going on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I at least found that Fisker in Austin has the diagnostic tools (laptop) to look at problems. I'll plan on getting it over there as soon as I can and get this problem fixed. It's about a 200 mile run over there, so I hope I make it. I'll probably run all the way in sport so I don't get the switch over to the ICE from battery at 0 miles battery left. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this happened and had to replace the coupler...$4300. I drove the car for 6 months having to let it go to sleep and then starting in sport. At high speeds it is OK...only slow drive would it throw it from sport to electric. The new coupler was the problem and it has not done it since.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had the same issue a moth and a half ago its your coupler you have to take it to a tech the whole engine comes out and they have to replace the coupler its a part which i believe balances the battery and engine switching function roughly a 3k plus job

1 - 13 of 13 Posts