Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just popped up. It looks like the ice won't turn on. I have no idea why this happened. Would a hard reset fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Shut the car down, let it go to sleep, then turn it back on. After this, is the Reduced Performance message still on? Most likely the check engine light will still be on. From there, you 'should' be able to continue to drive it home, depending on the reason that it came up. If this message is also accompanied by a high-pitched whine noise, then towing is your only option.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Get a cheapy OBD-II reader and post the code. Most common reason is a misfire. Hard reset will allow the car to be drivable till it occurs again (if the error does not go away after the car sleeps).

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Did you run out of gas? The total range display is down to 13 Miles, which means you are down to the last few drops of gas in the tank. That may explain the misfire. Just a guess.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Most, but not all, of the time when the Reduced Performance message comes up, it will prevent the engine to turn on. The total range available reduces down to whatever is left in the HV Battery, hence the low miles left.

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Most, but not all, of the time when the Reduced Performance message comes up, it will prevent the engine to turn on. The total range available reduces down to whatever is left in the HV Battery, hence the low miles left.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank u Lormax. It continued to come on after it went to sleep and I turned it back on. I did a hard reset this morning, and it looks like its back to normal now.

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
Had the same error 4 weeks ago! My car is still with the belgian importer and they still have no diagnosis. They guess batterry or electric motor or ... Or ...
They have no idea!!!!
:(

·
Carved - Karma bites back
79 Posts
I think they have because they can read out the ErrorCodes. Issue they have, is that they can not interprete the codes. Therefor they rely on the European Distributor Nelleman and Nelleman could not access Fisker Servers last week because of the move at Fisker HQ or something...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts