Fisker Buzz Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Signature Edition #99
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear camera seems to work only sometimes. It gives me a blue screen but when I press on the physical camera it sometimes works again. If it works the image is not very good. Anybody else with the same problem or even better with a solution? Changing the camera maybe or is it a software issue?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If the camera was disconnected, it would show a blue screen. Since you've gotten it to work by pressing on or moving the camera, I'd guess on a loose connection at the camera itself. Check the bumper wiring harness for a loose connector or a backed out pin.

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Rear camera seems to work only sometimes. It gives me a blue screen but when I press on the physical camera it sometimes works again. If it works the image is not very good. Anybody else with the same problem or even better with a solution? Changing the camera maybe or is it a software issue?
As far as software you can check that yourself .I have yet to see a bad camera or a loose connection .

·
Registered
199 Posts
Camera works fine, good view but I would like to have those guiding lines that are linked to the steering wheel....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just lost the camera connection today, and the compass (!), aint that weird?
When in "R" position the screen remains normal except there is no heading (North, South etc).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear camera and navigation system "lost"

Check if you have navigation working.
I know this is an old thread, but the above just happened to me -- when in reverse, the back up camera does not come on and the navigation system is also not working. Ok Harleyguy, you obviously have an idea of what this is...please share.:huh:

·
Karma Enthusiast
454 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the above just happened to me -- when in reverse, the back up camera does not come on and the navigation system is also not working. Ok Harleyguy, you obviously have an idea of what this is...please share.:huh:
My backup camera didn't come on yesterday when leaving Kroger. Power off and on at CVS when I had to stop and it was working...Fisker Querks!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
Have you had 520 software installed lately or any software done?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the above just happened to me
it seems, that the search funktion is working fine!!!:cool::cool:

when in reverse, the back up camera does not come on and the navigation system is also not working. Ok Harleyguy, you obviously have an idea of what this is...please share.:huh:
I never had this past 520!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not had any software installed lately. I believe I have 520 installed. But definitely not recently and for sure not 530 or 535. Since Jomak is also in Atlanta, maybe it is a local gremlin at work. Let's hope it isn't the CIU -- I'm already on my second one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just introduced myself as a new owner and that my car had some issues... This is one of them. The backup camera doesn't work - its a green screen that comes up. Nav and compass also do not work. AFAIK it is running 520.
When I bought the car I got a "we owe" for some harness and new ECM. I have part numbers but not sure if all of this is related.

·
Registered
829 Posts
This is the sign of a faulty CIU (Central Infotainment Unit). It's possible a re-flash of it's memory by a CSP with a Karma Laptop might correct it. Or, it could be a $1200 part to replace the little computer in the dash. I just had the latter done to mine last month. Same symptoms ... assuming your car also won't remember the radio stations between starts.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but get it fixed and you'll LOVE your car! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,063 Posts
This is the sign of a faulty CIU (Central Infotainment Unit). It's possible a re-flash of it's memory by a CSP with a Karma Laptop might correct it. Or, it could be a $1200 part to replace the little computer in the dash. I just had the latter done to mine last month. Same symptoms ... assuming your car also won't remember the radio stations between starts.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but get it fixed and you'll LOVE your car! Good luck!
The part from Fisker is alot more then $1200 dealer cost is alot more then that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts