Fisker Buzz Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Here's a picture of my baby. Bought it a few weeks ago and realized that it was missing some recall. Since it was still in Cali, I left it with the man -Alex Pop located in Aliso Viejo California.
He fix the software recall and right now he's doing the preventive maintenance/rebuild to the RDM/TMs which I recommend for peace of mind.

I'm very happy to be part of the Fisker Family, thanks for all you guys support.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi guys,

Here's a picture of my baby. Bought it a few weeks ago and realized that it was missing some recall. Since it was still in Cali, I left it with the man -Alex Pop located in Aliso Viejo California.
He fix the software recall and right now he's doing the preventive maintenance/rebuild to the RDM/TMs which I recommend for peace of mind.

I'm very happy to be part of the Fisker Family, thanks for all you guys support.
Alex, worked on my 2 cars.. he is fast and very good mechanic. honest ,excellent customer service ( he go the extra mile for the customer he picked my parts by him self from fisker :)
we are lucky to have his shop approved by fisker for CSP..

·
Registered
59 Posts
What is the preventive maintenance for the RDM/TMs? I'm a bit worried about mine and wonder what to do with them?
I'm guessing it's the loctite (pros/cons)fix. I have the Fisker crawl noise that's very common. I'm not sure loctite takes care of the issue or not. I've also heard it's a software issue and with new software it'll be corrected. I'm sitting tight as it only happens creeping into the garage at 2-3 mph and never any other time. I was quoted $2500 for the loctite job. Fisker corp reported it was normal for some of the cars?

Many cars have it and a guy posted a vid on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjuS5p-ZCHU&feature=youtu.be

·
Deep Ocean in ATL
436 Posts
Been there done that a few months ago. I will defer to HarleyG or PhillyF to go through the technical process. Modified and replaced the RDM for a leak. It needed one of the seals that is not currently available. I have the used RDM awaiting the day the seal is avail and have it modified (keeping as a spare). The splines on the motors were not hardened, fortunately there was no significant wear on the splines. So they did a protective measure on reassemble. Nearly 30K miles, I understand most likely good to go. I don't tress the motors or RDM while driving.

BTW -- I paid for the RDM, but the Customer Appreciation program paid for the removal installation for the RDM which would have been another $2K+. I am an original owner, and opted for the warranty option through the bankruptcy proceedings.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks guys I was thinking of holding off but I do have the noise while below 2 MPH as you mentioned. It has been doing that since I bought the car. I now have 14.5K miles on the car.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Saw this today about the Tesla having failures as well. This was from 8 months ago but funny I never heard about this before:

http://insideevs.com/real-imagined-tesla-model-s-drivetrain-defective/
We followed rather closely on TMC. I guess the difference is the Tesla drive units are rather compact and self contained (compared to the huge mass and array of hoses and cables in the Karma). So Tesla would simply replace the entire unit to get the customer on his/her way. There's also an infinite mile warranty.
http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/infinite-mile-warranty

I don't think I've read about the Karma RDM issue outside of FiskerBuzz.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts